Doubling up

klusta

Pulsar
VIP Junglist
come there's gotta be some more dj's playing and fuckin around with two copies.

I'm real into the DSci4 stuff for doubling up, think its caus it real tech influenced.

Basically I'm only using doubles for phasing/flanging, strobing and juggling........is there any other little tricks people are ripping up?

good to see I am not the only one...... but that shit is diggin deep into the pocket so that I can double up. I too have been really into dsci4 and g2 stuff for the double up, but basicly it depends on the track. More then just doubling up though.......JUGGLING. I am yet to see anyone else bust some propper juggling of dnb, except for RAW. I think that more djs should get off there ass and practice in order to progress dnb turntablizm. I mean if your going to be playing other peoples tunes the least you can do is bust a live remix.....any one else feelin me on this?

i'd have to agree. though like u said it digs into your pockets, and also i dont have many rekkids atm.. so im prolly gonna get some more before i start thinking about buyin two copies.. i dont have a job either, which makes it even better!

I love that sound when you've got two tunes running a the same time!!

But I find it hard integrating it into a set cos I like mixing quick but I've done it at the begging and end of sets and it certainly fucks a few headz up when you drop it a beat behind and switch it!!

:slayer:

With them pioneer 500/600s you can double up a beat using the delay effect without having 2 copies, so you can do it while you mix another track in. Sounds HEAVY!

What are your favourites to double up?

well.. because i have the best memory in the world, and cant remember what i orderd, i have ended up with two copies of counter strike - Doom prophet / Damaged.. i dont really think it would be such a good record for such a thing though ehehe

juggling & doubling is a really cool tool to freak tunes...

since i discodvered it few months ago i'm constantly going deeper by training nearly every day. i think craze was wrong when he said that the two style jungle/DnB and hip hop would fusionate to one music, but basicly the thing of turntablism is something that will give DnB another kick. i like it a lot.

last sunday, in our weekly radio show, i mixed a break (see playlist below) after a crossfire-tune and then doubled/juggled BSE's "gun cellar" which is the perfect tune for these trixx i think.

[...]
06 Crossfire -Firebolt

07 Substance -Think
08 Mickey Finn & Aphrodite -Bad Ass
09 Panacea -Tron

10 Black Sun Empire - Gun Cellar
[...]

check MP3 ( 7:16 min / 7 MB )
http://web11.florenz033.server4free.de/trio/break_htk_mix.mp3

another thing i did same day was doing a straight 2-step beat with pyro's "collision" which has a broken beat originally ..

check MP3 ( 3:06 min / 3 MB )
http://web11.florenz033.server4free.de/trio/collision_htk_mix.mp3

09 Panacea -Tron

Hey, Hektik,

Where did you get the two tracks above man? Are they off an album rather than straight up 12" releases? I love that BSE double drop trickery you pulled on your mixes.
Gonna have to start messing around with buying double copies - as other cats have been mentioning tho, it ain't cheap to get into...
Cheers pal,
Chris

hektik said:
last sunday, in our weekly radio show, i mixed a break (see playlist below) after a crossfire-tune and then doubled/juggled BSE's "gun cellar" which is the perfect tune for these trixx i think.

09 Panacea -Tron

sounds good, and gun celler is good caus of the continous fx in the back ground so you can flip with the beats/bass and not change the other parts.

i can hear the strobe and double up in this mix but i can't make out the juggling, how many mins through the sample is the juggling?

Hey, Hektik,

Where did you get the two tracks above man? Are they off an album rather than straight up 12" releases?
as they said - "gun cellar" on transparent with "wildcard" by rascal & klone on the FRONT ("gun cellar" is the flip), and "Panacea -Tron" is a german release (from 1997 i think) on position chrome (don't have the catalogue number in ma head, no internet vconnection @ home, sitting in the radio studio now).

i can hear the strobe and double up in this mix but i can't make out the juggling, how many mins through the sample is the juggling?
:wtf: :wazzzup: err - maybe it's because of my very good english knowledge, but i don't understand you. do you mean how often i switched the fader per 4/4 or what? sorry man - try to explain in the language of a six-year-old, then i'll understand :confused: ...

so far.

hektik said:
as they said - "gun cellar" on transparent with "wildcard" by rascal & klone on the FRONT ("gun cellar" is the flip), and "Panacea -Tron" is a german release (from 1997 i think) on position chrome (don't have the catalogue number in ma head, no internet vconnection @ home, sitting in the radio studio now).

:wtf: :wazzzup: err - maybe it's because of my very good english knowledge, but i don't understand you. do you mean how often i switched the fader per 4/4 or what? sorry man - try to explain in the language of a six-year-old, then i'll understand :confused: ...

so far.
Nah, I'm on about juggling. Playing a bar or beat from each record in turn by rewinding the section with the fader shut (so u cannot hear) and dropping the section in again whilst doing the same with the section you've just flicked out of. Basically juggling a single section of a tune. I think your muddling up juggling with running two tunes offbeat and flicking between beats (strobing I believe)

sorry can't really expain it like a 6 yr old caus its pretty complex when describing it! :)

Back
Top Bottom