Double Drops

yeah, i can double drop 2 tunes, yeah.

but i can't double drop those 2 tunes that send you loopy in a rave.

ya get me?

tunes are made to a more rigid format these days with standard length phase intros compared with pre 2000 stuff

the technical ability needed for double drops isnt that hard if you know ur tunes but its the tune selection that is the key

i'd much rather have a dj who only had maybe 50% double drops but were all smashers than if a dj had double drops all they way through one's set but with no good mixes

its not all about dropping to tunes together. there's far more to it. djs in raves dont just beatmatch the tunes and thats it. you have to make sure you eq correctly and helps if they are in the same key a lot of the time.

i'd much rather have a dj who only had maybe 50% double drops but were all smashers than if a dj had double drops all they way through one's set but with no good mixes

defo, i prefer some rollin mix n' blends, to just all out double drops. nice to switch it every now and then too. it's just getting a good balance of everything.

I'd definitely agree the structure of tunes these days ie the phase patterns blantantly help out, there's still a great deal of skill involved - I think anyone can x2 drop into a tune but can they drop out again CLEANLY - i've been listening to most of the mixes posted on most forums and 90% are people who are literally smashing in whatever - as quickly as they can alla Andy C, you still need to find a tune that compliments the mix and not just Anthem after anthem

U :afro:

:applause:
I'd definitely agree the structure of tunes these days ie the phase patterns blantantly help out, there's still a great deal of skill involved - I think anyone can x2 drop into a tune but can they drop out again CLEANLY - i've been listening to most of the mixes posted on most forums and 90% are people who are literally smashing in whatever - as quickly as they can alla Andy C, you still need to find a tune that compliments the mix and not just Anthem after anthem

its not all about double or drops tho
plus its very easy once you count your bars correctly..
but i think theres more to djing..you need the teases..the switchovers..bass juggling and lots more

absolutely man - another thing, people a dropping two tunes by the same artist, a Big no no in my book unless they are your own. the beats are often so similar it proves nothing about your ability...and quite honestly it's boring, the enjoyable part is finding those phat mixes and incorporating them into your set, whether it takes a week or a month or longer..... some tunes just need to be cut out and let the bassline flow...

its not all about double or drops tho
plus its very easy once you count your bars correctly..
but i think theres more to djing..you need the teases..the switchovers..bass juggling and lots more

absolutely man - another thing, people a dropping two tunes by the same artist, a Big no no in my book unless they are your own. the beats are often so similar it proves nothing about your ability...and quite honestly it's boring, the enjoyable part is finding those phat mixes and incorporating them into your set, whether it takes a week or a month or longer..... some tunes just need to be cut out and let the bassline flow...

i find ram tunes will mix with any tune possible..and you can mix any type of dnb..dark..wobble..ragga..if you have your eqs right it sounds amazing.thats where you juggle bass

True true, it just seems that songs r structerd all the same way these days, you can start 2 songs and let them play from start to end and they will line up perfect the whole way through. Older songs r a little bit more challenging because you had 2 search for your cue points in order to get the drops to line up. I like a good combo of doubles n nice long transition mixing.
I dont realy like the switch over techique though...

Back
Top Bottom