Double drops

DankerThanDanson

Retired pitcher
VIP Junglist
Can you reliably count on throwing a tune in 32 bars out and them lining up to drop together?

Tune 1 dropping after the breakdown and tune 2 after the intro?

Yes although I found at one stage this lead me to double drop every mix which is extremely boring in a set unless you are using three decks and continually teasing other tracks in.

I noticed that constant double droping became standard for majority of people. This is also reason why everybody plays from "at least" 3 decks, because if you are good enough at beatmatching, you are doubledroping al the time, cause when Deck A starts, you hotcue Deck B 32 before drop - then it´s double drop at the middle and you start Deck C 32 before drop so when A goes brekdown, you have another double drop at B and C..... -_- I personally don´t enjoy this very much when I´ m playing but sometime I have strange feeling that when you leave your tracks playing for a while, for example if you play second drop of some tune, people are looking at me like I missed something :-/

There's a lot if tracks that can an should be played alone. I've heard a number of djs crucify the moment for me by needlessly couple dropping a fav track with some shit

There's a lot if tracks that can an should be played alone. I've heard a number of djs crucify the moment for me by needlessly couple dropping a fav track with some shit

feel like maybe a guideline should be the track you're dropping into the other one, must be bigger and more notorious than the preceding one.

Double drops are great with certain tunes only and it makes DJing on Traktor more interesting because you just sync it all up and look for the best double drops otherwise you'd just stand around between songs twisting the dials unnecessarily. But now you are cueing up a double drop for the switch so it occupies your time nicely.

Back
Top Bottom