Double drops

Discussion in 'DJ's, MC's & Turntablism' started by DankerThanDanson, Apr 16, 2018 at 3:39 PM.

1. DankerThanDanson

DankerThanDanson Retired pitcher VIP Junglist

Can you reliably count on throwing a tune in 32 bars out and them lining up to drop together?

Tune 1 dropping after the breakdown and tune 2 after the intro?

2. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN VIP Junglist

Yes although I found at one stage this lead me to double drop every mix which is extremely boring in a set unless you are using three decks and continually teasing other tracks in.

DankerThanDanson likes this.
  3. DankerThanDanson

DankerThanDanson Retired pitcher VIP Junglist

Agreed, I like to use doubles sparingly and weave blends in as the meat of my mixes.

4. Ihamitsu

Ihamitsu Member

I noticed that constant double droping became standard for majority of people. This is also reason why everybody plays from "at least" 3 decks, because if you are good enough at beatmatching, you are doubledroping al the time, cause when Deck A starts, you hotcue Deck B 32 before drop - then it´s double drop at the middle and you start Deck C 32 before drop so when A goes brekdown, you have another double drop at B and C..... -_- I personally don´t enjoy this very much when I´ m playing but sometime I have strange feeling that when you leave your tracks playing for a while, for example if you play second drop of some tune, people are looking at me like I missed something :-/

5. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN VIP Junglist

There's a lot if tracks that can an should be played alone. I've heard a number of djs crucify the moment for me by needlessly couple dropping a fav track with some shit