double dropping

DOUBLE DROPS ARE SHIT !!

YOU ALL LIKE SHEEP, TRYIN' TO COPY ANDY C !

The scene might be a bit more interesting these days
if you all had some originality in your selection & mixing

chamberz
DOUBLE DROPS ARE SHIT !!

BAAAA!! :oscar:
Jus coz you aint got the minerals to give it full throttle wiv a d/d! :D
Andy C dont have a monopoly on d/d - in fact, its standard in dnb now, so wtf?!?

When im out an ravin, chillin an checkin other sets or havin a rinse myself - I get immense enjoyment outta hearing 2 badboy choons duel with each other

Its a 'bold' statement saying...
"The scene might be a bit more interesting these days if you all had some originality in your selection & mixing"
- I suppose you play a progressive, intellegent set, that takes you on a sonic journey? :rolleyes:

chamberz said:
DOUBLE DROPS ARE SHIT !!

The scene might be a bit more interesting these days
if you all had some originality in your selection & mixing

So your telling us that you've never gone crazy over a double drop that someone has pushed in their set? When I've played out you always need to keep the crowd buzzing by adding peaks in the set to keep people interested & double dropping works very well. IMO selecting two tracks that work together is been original in your selection because they gotta gel together or your heading for a day at the races with all that galloping. The amount of tricks & designs you can pull off from the crossfader, EQ, and filters are endless. give it a go you'll like it :D

sayber said:
So your telling us that you've never gone crazy over a double drop that someone has pushed in their set? When I've played out you always need to keep the crowd buzzing by adding peaks in the set to keep people interested & double dropping works very well. IMO selecting two tracks that work together is been original in your selection because they gotta gel together or your heading for a day at the races with all that galloping. The amount of tricks & designs you can pull off from the crossfader, EQ, and filters are endless. give it a go you'll like it :D

Sorry guys dont mean to be a moaning old twat, but
the way i see it your sets must lack something if you
feel you have to keep double droppin' all the time.
Maybe im stuck in the 90's or somethin'

But for some reason double dropping has never
done it for me. Id love to hear an andy c set these days
where he would just leave the track to just play through
instead of giving you about 4 bars of it & then mixing it
out again !!!! Whats the point in even turning up ??

Take a leaf outa this guys book. Dont reckon he has
to do it..........
:rave:

Nuff said
Ha Ha !!!

chamberz said:
Sorry guys dont mean to be a moaning old twat, but
the way i see it your sets must lack something if you
feel you have to keep double droppin' all the time.
Maybe im stuck in the 90's or somethin'

But for some reason double dropping has never
done it for me. Id love to hear an andy c set these days
where he would just leave the track to just play through
instead of giving you about 4 bars of it & then mixing it
out again !!!! Whats the point in even turning up ??

Take a leaf outa this guys book. Dont reckon he has
to do it..........
:rave:

Nuff said
Ha Ha !!!

No worries man it certainly comes down to personal taste aswell & no-ones going to hate on you for that especially not here. Double dropping is almost a standard format of mixing within the d&b world & will continue for a very long time due to it's popularity, but just go with what your feeling & you'll have happy days mixing! :beers:

Don't see a lot of it here as a rule ... first time I saw a double drop (as in a PROPER double drop not just a psycho mix) I nearly fell out ... yes it was Andy C too. :chainsaw:

I guess that gives me a different perspective to the one like chamberz, and maybe if I saw a lot of it done averagely, I'd feel the same. who knows.

I don't see it as unoriginal, and done properly I really like it. Good way to practice EQing as well ...

sayber

No worries man it certainly comes down to personal taste aswell & no-ones going to hate on you for that especially not here. Double dropping is almost a standard format of mixing within the d&b world & will continue for a very long time due to it's popularity, but just go with what your feeling & you'll have happy days mixing!

Always the voice of reason! Where would we be without Sayber? All at each others throats, thats where! :D

*Shameless plug alert* heres a few D/D worth checkin from a recent mix -

http://www.choons.net/~v3/djs/tracklist.php?id=129

1 - Soulshine - Craze & Juju
2 - Monkey See Monkey Do - Baron & Total Science .....

15 - Lucky Star - Bassment Jaxx (Dillinja Vocal)
16 - Murda - Craze & Juju .... Fookin Dutty :lighter:

25 - Temple of Doom - Fresh
26 - Foreigner - Fresh ... Git those basses to duel an you are laughin! :D

Ram Trilogy - Screamer into Fresh - Signal.
Pendulum - Ulterior Motive into Total Science - Nosher remix
I like both of these

DJ Jade said:
Ram Trilogy - Screamer into Fresh - Signal.
Pendulum - Ulterior Motive into Total Science - Nosher remix
I like both of these

another planet -> alien girl
(pendulum) (ed rush, optical & fierce)

:afro:

stickin nosher remix in just about any double drop tends to sound devastativ from wot iv heard.

dj hazard - ready 4 this ----> nosher remix

nosher remix ----> dj zinc - ska (original or rmx)

these are my 2 favourites at the moment

double droppin is for girls ....ha HA not it is the illist mixin around at the mo but too much ie every mix no no .. but bring on the dobble drops :whipem:

Back
Top Bottom