dOUBLE DROPPING IS THE ONLY WAY TO MIX.

lokki

JUNGLIST FROM DEYA
VIP Junglist
The way i figure it, the only way to really mix (unless a tune has got a particular intro or summin u want to play) is to double drop.

This is the only way tunes truly blend and it is only then (Luke) you can (use the force) truly be creative. that is my opinion!

and its right! taht is why mampi, friction, andy, and marky (there are more..cant be arsed to name em all) have it nailed and every other dj is just a bit unexciting!

this is a fact! and it is what my entire mixing style is based on. i know every sinlge one of my tunes, how many bars, half bar drops (dillinja!) and how long the breaks are. I also know that this is why some dj's who but to many tunes have trouble mixing!
It is also importnat t note that tune selection is importnat!

I'm all about the 'double drizzle'.

I don't practice enough to do a set like that. In fact I don't practice at all :lol:

It's on my 'hit list' of stuff to do before I die.

skylove said:
what is double dropping then? :p
its mixing the tunes so they both drop (kick in) at the same time.

I used to double drop all the time back in my cheese miester days but the tunes i play now (dylan tech icth etc.) just get ruined by double dropping. the drop is the best part of a tune so why ruin it by slamming summat else over the top? well, its alright with the old classics i supose.

Patchie-C said:

I used to double drop all the time back in my cheese miester days but the tunes i play now (dylan tech icth etc.) just get ruined by double dropping. the drop is the best part of a tune so why ruin it by slamming summat else over the top? well, its alright with the old classics i supose.
That's something I agree with. You just don't ruin those drops.

Plus it's sooo much easier doing the 'D Driz' on 'anthemy' tunes, prolly why Andy, Friction and Swift stick to 'em.

I reckon that the truth is in the middle... :shades:

dont forget, mixing is fairly simple, anyone listening will disregard good beatmaching as an extra to a DJ, without that you shouldnt even be playin tonight.
:rolleyes:

A bit of Ddroppin an a bit of relaxing really...but ye, when you got two tunes locked, you can get cool stuff out of eq moving an ting. Also moving your hands and shouting attracts silly drunk punters, but the rest think your a knob...

:mo:

Patchie-C said:

thanks yo!

TIMING is very important, not double drops. Everyone is all about the double drop now but thats just a benefit to having good timing. They do sound ill when done right but it also sounds good when a song drops right when the other goes to the breakdown or stops, or when there's a drop right as the song's structure your mixing into changes a bit. I think things like that combined with a few double drops here and there shows that you really know your tunes and timing and will give a very solid enjoyable mix. With a lot of recent tunes being so complex some sound like utter noise when double dropped with other complex tunes.

lol not really mate! double dropping is an aspect of mixing! i think u try and copy 2 many other djs! double dropping is good in some cases but not all! knowing how to blend the tunes together, starting and stopping, chopping up etc is an artform that unfortunatly isnt used much nowadaysby the newer dj! however those that do use these techniques know 4 a fact that double drops r just another way of mixing a coupla tunes together! its all about individual style, theres loadsa different ways to mix, u just gotta learn them for yourself! double drops r just crowd pleasers along with other many other techniques that u seem unfamiliar with.... :bone:

Pulled of a spot on dbl-drop last night- Signal & another planet!!!
it was a mistake but turned out alright, so i tried it again and BOOM!! the ladz liked it anyways!

akasynapse said:
lol not really mate! double dropping is an aspect of mixing! i think u try and copy 2 many other djs! double dropping is good in some cases but not all! knowing how to blend the tunes together, starting and stopping, chopping up etc is an artform that unfortunatly isnt used much nowadaysby the newer dj! however those that do use these techniques know 4 a fact that double drops r just another way of mixing a coupla tunes together! its all about individual style, theres loadsa different ways to mix, u just gotta learn them for yourself! double drops r just crowd pleasers along with other many other techniques that u seem unfamiliar with.... :bone:

yea :lol:

Imo double droping isn't that hard. If you can perfect beatmatch you just have to know your tunes perfectly. If u know exatcly when drop starts and how long it is than you can focus on it. And yeah some tunes with good dd are :slayer: !

But you just mix the tunes so they drop together and when the drop starts u start moving the fader to middle? Or how exactly?

theres no rules about how to do it - different tunes, different mix. :hagglers:

I been double dropping everything for the last year and im well bored of it now. Just a big wall of noise that sounds really boring when u dont do one in between. Learn to let the tune breath (ponsy twat) - if u got good tune selection they should be able to stand up to it on their own!!

For DD generally tho you should try to bring the new tune in at least 8 bars before the drop unless you're trying to surprise the punters!! I quite like letting the second drop of a tune go and then bringing in the new one 16 or 32 bars in. Builds it up quite nicely and keeps the interest. Nice!!
:bruce:

sdm said:
Plus it's sooo much easier doing the 'D Driz' on 'anthemy' tunes, prolly why Andy, Friction and Swift stick to 'em.

:i_love_co its true - but when friction plays hardware he does some killer double drops but not all the time - the tunes just dont require it

(fuck me just pulled an allnighter for my dissertation - haven't done that unstimulated for a while!)

High Jinx said:
theres no rules about how to do it - different tunes, different mix. :hagglers:

I been double dropping everything for the last year and im well bored of it now. Just a big wall of noise that sounds really boring when u dont do one in between. Learn to let the tune breath (ponsy twat) - if u got good tune selection they should be able to stand up to it on their own!!

For DD generally tho you should try to bring the new tune in at least 8 bars before the drop unless you're trying to surprise the punters!! I quite like letting the second drop of a tune go and then bringing in the new one 16 or 32 bars in. Builds it up quite nicely and keeps the interest. Nice!!
:bruce:
:applause: well said

Back
Top Bottom