dOUBLE DROPPING IS THE ONLY WAY TO MIX.

I think though sometimes its cool to just 'switch' them after they build up together.

Also try this when in attempt to do a double-drop:

I was mixin not so long a go and found one building up before the other, play the whole build up right to the drop on record one, fade out to the other record (still building) The crowd will know the tune about to come in (cos they heard u play the build-up) as tune number 2 comes to climax, slide in the fader for a late double drop. It can actually sound better! it adds that *wait for it!!!!* factor.

Yeear! :thumbsup:

Start with one record - fade in the second one so its dropping, but keep on rewinding it... as the crowd start to recognize the second tune... fade it out... line it up for a climatic moment (after the drop) and when the first record peaks - slam (fader right to left or whatever) in the second so only its playing. Make sure the bpm is tight and there are the same basic elements - bass, hat, etc, so the change isn't jarring (i.e. don't slam Nine into Basement Track...).

Can't say you didn't warn them but don't keep on doing it... but if you pick the right tracks and the right moments the floor will go WTF for a second and then they'll go crazy...

theres only a few combos in my box that i would dble drop... double drops are a funny thing, they have the ability to blow up the dancefloor if done proper. i've also seen them bring a dancefloor to a standstill (in the bad way) when the two tunes don't quite gel.

ps: if i hear someone doubledrop x-ray again i am going to rip x-ray off the decks and scratch "originality" into it with my car keys.

pps: triple drop is where its at \m/

Beat juggling's fun (though gets expensive buying two copies of stuff), and doing stuff like getting tracks such as Uprising & the VIP ... same track, same layout, different b-lines - EQ em in and out, make your own vVip :D Had fun doing that a while back.

xen said:
Beat juggling's fun (though gets expensive buying two copies of stuff), and doing stuff like getting tracks such as Uprising & the VIP ... same track, same layout, different b-lines - EQ em in and out, make your own vVip :D Had fun doing that a while back.
yeah, doing "live "vip" mixes" is the shit. especially when you'r doing nearly nothing else during a whole set...
--> http://dnbforum.com/showthread.php?p=88683#post88683 :D

xen said:

Yeah that is pretty fun to do actually, seen a couple people work with both mixes before. Even though it's only on dub, and haven't heard it done yet, it would be interesting to play the remix of True Romance by D-Bridge with the original that came out last year and fuck with both basslines as well, as both are quite heavy.

X-Ray is ok to double drop but that record is pressed loud as shit so you gotta watch your EQ's on that one.

double dropping is good when its done well but lots of djs dont think about it and we're left with a horrible out of key noise to listen to :cat:
lots of fun tho when u find the right 2 tunes

Just make sure that the bassline one of the tunes gets turned down or itll sound disgusting and not in a good way!

Flicking my eq kill switches at the end of every 8 bars or so when two tunes are playing sounds pretty phat, I use it with tunes like Calyx "Are you ready" and Total Science "Loose Ends" where the only bassline is at the end of the 8 bars, people know whats coming in then.

Double dropping all the way through a set can get mega boring and if I try it I just run out of tunes that work well together!!

Back
Top Bottom