from tarzan.spoox.org:

Label Name - Frontline
Catalogue - FRONT011
Release Artist - Dope Skillz
Media Type - SP 1 x 12"
Year - 1995

A: Dope Skillz "6 Million Ways"
AA: Dope Skillz "Yo' Son"

Yeah I was wondering this, its pretty well known that Zinc did '6 Million Ways' but Ive read 2 Knowledge interviews with J Majik where it talks about his '93 tune '6 Million Ways'. There isnt another tune by this name is there?

well j majik is a lying sack of shit! haha. nah, i really don't know what to say then. i'm not up for playing private eye right now. but i'm sure that someone could help someone do a track and not actually have their name on it, except on the album info. kind of the opposite way that not everyone tune released by )EIB( has everyone's name on it. except fresh (haha). get what i mean?

wouldnt surprise me if there was another tune with the same name....... the vocal sample "6 million ways to die" is easy to come by.... it's from a Cutty Ranks tune if my memory serves.

as far as zestie is concerned, the version she's probably heard, it's dj zinc (aka dope skillz) - "6 million wayz" circa 1995. am i right zestie? it's on a dieselboy mix. drum & bass selection, usa. a lot of people heard it there and can identify with that mix cd. and it's pretty easy to come by. hate to reference a song by the mix it may happen to be in, but you know what i mean.

Originally posted by Mulla
Yeah I was wondering this, its pretty well known that Zinc did '6 Million Ways' but Ive read 2 Knowledge interviews with J Majik where it talks about his '93 tune '6 Million Ways'. There isnt another tune by this name is there?
Everyone's getting well confused here, there's actually 4 alltogether different tunes all called something similar.

6 Million Ways To Die - Cutty Ranks

The Choice (6 Million Ways To Die) - DJ Dexxtrous (very early alias of J Majik before he adopted the name J Majik)

6 Million Ways To Die - Uncle 22, dunno what label but there's also a couple of remixes by Hype & Uncle 22 which came out on Ram

6 Million Ways - Dopeskillz (Zinc) came out on Frontline, couple of remixes also on Frontline

:thumbsup:

Back
Top Bottom