Doom Bells (finally back at dnb) - brand new

moonglow359

Took me ages and 3 mediocre tunes, but I finally did something I like after a 3.5 month break in dnb producing

anything you would change, mixdown whatever? I noticed I cut the drums a bit too much in places. Other than this , nothing is bugging me on this tune.
is the bass in the first drop too loud? , the 2nd 'drop' was fatter on headphones lol. finally on monitors now and it's sounding ok for now (wait till I listen to it a few days)

https://soundcloud.com/m-7%2Fmoonglow-359-doom-bells
I might be all fucked from doing this in the night, but I'm pretty sure I like it.

mr meh

VIP Junglist
Your kick is disappearing on the main bass sections

But other than that i liked it, real grimey and aggressive

Busdriver

Yep, i agree on the kick. I think it has some reverb on it? Lack precision. The bass could be more precise too, it's a bit muddy in the low-mids. Nice atmosphere and nice tone. Like it.

moonglow359

cool thanks for the feedback, yes I noticed that about the kick. Should I just Eq it? The drum bus is a bit of a mess, a shit ton of compressors, took me ages to come up with these drums and there's always something wrong... I shall do a second edit this night and hope not to ruin it

thanks for checking it , appreciated

IV4

DnBF Sheriff
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
Find out where your frequencies are hitting with your kick. So it is hitting at 100hz pull the eq down with a sharp q at around 100hz. You may also want to try bringing you levels downwith a wide q on your eq somewhere in your mids. In your highs give them a little bump. This might crispe them up a bit.