Don't you think d&b should be used more in films?

dj.jason said:
here in australia i find alot of our television commercials have real jungly background beats. i never really noticed it until a chick i know said it, now this dirl is ya typical air head, but since she has said it i pick up on all these dnb breaks in tele ads

true, but they're all crappy little breaks that some advertising jerk has hammered out with no clue whatsoever.
best one was the Smirnoff ad from late nineties that used 'Naked and Ashamed' by Dylan Rhymes and had really psychedlic shit going on. that was sick :missile:

D&B would work in action films like Blade Trinity, the music scorers should lose those "energising" breakbeats and bring in the heavy artillery!!

Oli said:
perfect it would have been, but it would have scared the living shit out of most people that went to see it.

but yeah def agree on this one, drumz would go perfectly in a film score

And that... is why.. I must remaster the soundtrack for the Matrix, with Neo as the opening music, and then show it to some people on a good soundsystem :D :D :D

I've found that dnb gets used quite a bit for "extreme" sports programmes, like what you can get on the Extreme channel on Sky... go go indie sports film makers :D Watched some RAD BMXing to some (totally unknown) dnb track, couldn't name it, probably won't ever hear it again, but the two just went together perfectly. Fuck punk music when you can put those kinda sports to dnb.

NBA with DnB would go perfick as well. :D

watch The Jackal last night

all of a sudden during a quiet empty prison bit
you can hear MC Conrad in the background :drunk:
Then theres a lot of ambient breakbeats thru out the film

Don't think it matters unless your dream is to emulate EZ Rollers. Personally i'm quite happy theres hardly any dnb in films. I'd rather be watchin a film in my seat, than brockin' out at the front of a cinema!!! :banana:

if any of you have seen the show Keen Eddie, there is plenty of dnb and jungle in that. but yes, films should have more dnb!

dj.jason said:
here in australia i find alot of our television commercials have real jungly background beats. i never really noticed it until a chick i know said it, now this dirl is ya typical air head, but since she has said it i pick up on all these dnb breaks in tele ads

I hear yah dude. I don't watch tv much. but every time i do i am amazed at the amount of car commercials and the likes have simple litle 170bpm loops playin in the background. Look out.

DnB does not sell a film. This is why its not used as much as it should be. Most films are made in the good old U.S where metal/grunge/house & rap is what most of there youth like. Its about selling to your market. Still Aphrodite, M-Beat & Ez Rollers have made it into U.K films. So there is hope yet :)

I have a mate who's tried for years to get a proper DnB tune in to an ad (he works in advertising) come close a few times. Still there was that Nintendo ad a few years back......

Dj_Lien said:
DnB does not sell a film. This is why its not used as much as it should be. Most films are made in the good old U.S where metal/grunge/house & rap is what most of there youth like.
yeah, but I don't see why they fill films with breakbeat when no-one listens to it. Thats why I reckon d&b should be used more. Wack a good tune in a fight scene & us headz will love it & it will give the music some exposure.

Back
Top Bottom