Domenico - Be Loved (Deep Liquid)

Good effort mate.. My only real gripe is that second piano chord, seems to be a bit messy if you know what i mean.. But nice vibes, perfect for a nice relaxing afternoon

I immediately recognized what skuff was saying about that piano chord.
in some places the track also seems a bit empty.

I absolutely love your hats btw =)

cheers for the heads up on the chord, i think its timestretched a little crap, my fault, yeah i think it needs a few more shiny bits to fill the emptiness, big ups for the replies

Yeah, i agree that it seems a bit empty at some places and it could use more variety, however the tune has a really pleasant vibe and the drums are great, also loving the way the piano and vocal work togehter.

8 - 9 months too! How do you get the tune sounding so nice? The mixdown work is rather good my friend!

Really, really nice liquid vibes mate. Beat sounds great :) Like the vocal elements, its kinda garagey :P

Cheers

Thanks man, tbh I havent actually done a proper mixdown, i've just treated the sounds and leveled them as I made the tune, in terms of niceness, little bits of processing, sample layering,eq and a basic master. really starting to get drum processing now as well as bass processing. I've recently stopped trying to produce and just started listening hard and having fun and this is the result :) glad you like it

Sounding nice man, and ditto on the hats! The mix sounds quite even.

As previously stated, it needs another part to fill the gaps. I could see this track benefitting from a "call and response" type arrangement, where you have another instrument and sequence "respond" to the piano.

Also (and I hope I don't get shot for this) the snare seems to cut through the mix a little "too" hard in my opinion. Maybe dial it back, but only slightly.

For 8-9 months, this is quite solid.

Cheers.

Last edited:
big ups for all the replies I think i'll try reworking it in a week or two, try starting something else first and come back to it... and cheers for the hat compliments, lots of eq, layering, vintage warmer and exciting ;)
Lostnsound your right that snare is a little too harsh, will turn it down a touch cheers again guys :D

Back
Top Bottom