Doing what needs to be done....

Sammy Dexcell

Stop editing my profile Smarty!
VIP Junglist
Most won't experience this as solo artists, but sometimes when making music, sacrifices must be made to certain elements in the track. To either get them more themed to the choice of style you're attempting to recreate.

E.g a sound, a riff, a snare choice, a vocal etc these are just some of the things that are hard to get right in each track.

For these reasons I encourage people to form groups, as it takes a lot of the 'should this be in the track or not' hesitation out. When you get to a stage in a track where you begin to over analyse something and start over-processing things, it really helps to get a second or third opinion.

Saying that sometimes it works against you and you miss a certain element to a track that was once there. But 90% of the time its for the best. And on a personal tip it helps you finish a track much quicker than on your own imo.

Thoughts?

Agree, since joining up with my pals at the Dead Noise System, I've found overanalysing a thing of the past, if I get to caught up in a track, I just hand it over to one of the other members to do their thing with.

I agree, but only if you have the luxury of seeing the whole thing through together. More often though someone comes round for a session or two on a tune but then I am left to finish it. I then find myself tethered to the ideas we shared and unable to follow my own instincts to finsh the thing. Ultimately I find the whole thing frustrating. I'm sure it's an ego thing.

^ Hmm if you're working on a track together, then surely just only work on that track together? when ive done collab stuff we always leave the project the same so we know where we left off - Only things like tidiying stuff up should be done alone imo. But yeh deffo stops you going round in loops, unless you're both really baked ahah!

Next forum comp - people are put into random pairs and have to do a track?
Gets normally solo people into collabs, could learn a few things, etc.

cool idea! and impose tons of limitations and challenges too. sshould be a laugh right? ive got my stuff back now so i can get back to getting the last one finally started. if people are still up for it of course

yeah wish i could collab with people near me but i am:
forever_alone_face_reasonably_small.png

yeah collab wold be really great as i can learn something new from another producer but sadly i dont know or have really fellow producer somewhere around me

im trying to do the dropbox collab with a mate of mine in uk but hes so fucking lazy i doubt il ever get anything but... i think collabs should be done together so you bounce off each other and shit... also i like the idea of the next comp being a collab :)

im trying to do the dropbox collab with a mate of mine in uk but hes so fucking lazy i doubt il ever get anything but... i think collabs should be done together so you bounce off each other and shit... also i like the idea of the next comp being a collab :)

yo add me to a share folder and send anything to work on, im always on the music grind. david.sato64 [at] gmail.com

anyone else can add me honestly, i run fl studio 10 but i can work with wavs its all gravy

Back
Top Bottom