Doing complex filtering in FL10, getting weird "steps" by midi.

Elzerk

00111100 00110011
VIP Junglist
Yo,

I made a nice filtering template in FL10 with multiple filtertypes and made parameters to be controlled via midi. I dropped a sample, and when I controlled parameters via knobs, it sounded like it was going in "steps". I have Behringer's usb-midi keyboard, could it be a lack of data transfer? It surely isn't my cpu, or do I have problems with samplerate?

I attached a file so you can hear the "stepping" when controlling via midi. Is this common, or does using sample - not synth - have anything to do with this?

Attachments

• untitled.mp3
    184.6 KB · Views: 32
You should maybe post the fl10 file itself?

I don't see how that would help. I start really thinking now the problem is a delay between keyboard and my pc, hopefully things will sort when I buy new soundcard and link hardware thru dat

I dont use fl 10,but maybe when you choose link to controller,under mapping formula you accidentaly pick steppy..maybe it is just a guess!!

I dont use fl 10,but maybe when you choose link to controller,under mapping formula you accidentaly pick steppy..maybe it is just a guess!!

checked that one, and it's not because i control filter type, cause it happens with only cutoff controlling too.

Back
Top Bottom