Doing a Mini - Mix - How to make one

Danny_Intro

VIP Junglist
Does anyone have any ideas to what programme you can use to create a mini mix?

Iv got 'Wavepad' that you can mix two tunes with, but theres nothing i can find to change the tempos.

Any help much appreciate it

The Mini Mixes you hear Friction, Sigma etc do on the Annie Mac show are all done in a sequencer. They are basically cut, timestretched and edited in a DAW like Cubase, Logic or Audition.

niceone Gloxxy, so id have to TimeStretch as apose to changing the tempo.
right thank you, have to do some reading up

Timestretching is changing the tempo. You set the tempo on your sequencer, import the audio, chop however many bars you want off it then timestretch the clip to the set tempo of your sequencer. Do this with all of the tunes you want to use in your mini mix then they are all the same speed. Now you can mix the levels and add any effects you want to create your mini mix.

You could also have a look at Ableton, that should make it fairly easy for you to cut each track and rack them all up before editing.

Gloxxy = Don, look forward to seeing you at AWOL
gave that Ableton Live ago, found it pritty hard doh
i get what Gloxxys on about, so think will try my hand at that, cheers

ableton for the win! litterally drag a tune mp3 onto an audio rack and then use the warp at the bottom (set to complex, not beats) and away you go!

google a tutorial for using samples in ableton!

Yeah its going to be an amazing night and a first for Manchester. You don't get much more old skool than AWOL. You'll have to come over and have a chat. Its always good to put faces to names from the forum.

Back
Top Bottom