doing 4 elements all at ounce?

JaySoDef

im asking is it possible to do all 4 elements at the same time and still be good at all of them?? i started my journey into hip hop as a bboy and then i started djing recently like maybe 3 weeks ago? but i also wanna start graff and mcing. so is it possible to pursue all 4 things and still be good at all 4? also how should i practice all 4 things in a day? cus right now i go to school then after school i session(practice bboying) with my crew till 6 i go home then practice djing till 10 then i sleep. so any advice for me or any help would be nice thanks and sry its so long.

safety

double safety
VIP Junglist
four elements of hip hop = four elements of life = earth, wind, fire & water. which element does your star sign relate to? that's the element you should go with

Moskit

:rodigan:
Tribal Leader
VIP Junglist
You need to start shotting Weed.

If this whole "School" malarkey falls through.

You need something solid to fall back on.

:teeth:

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
taskforce .. chester p and farma g ..

chester p especially ,

hes a decent graff artist,
mc's mainly (taskforce)
hes a battle host, and has been one of uk's best battlers,
produces with farma g, for other people and taskforce,
can dj, which he started out doing originally..
promotes,puts on nights,works with distributors,
only thing he doesnt do is dance/bboy .

so the answer is yea, you can do the full hiphop thing .. but the above has slowly got into each and got good at each, dont take on all at once..

its best to master one thing, than do lots of things half heartedly..

if your young and just getting into it mate.. then you got years to get good at each thing. depending on natural talent, if you cant rap, then you just wont be able to be good, if your not and artist, youll be shit at graff..

good luck with it all, youve got time your side , being still young and all ..

ps. ... are you the uk's Revtech ?

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
dj'ing and sessioning/bboyin can go together, get a place you can mix and bboy at same time, you dj while your mate jump about, then switch..

graff and writing lyrics can go together, when travelling on train, or chillin, write lyrics, when you get writers block, sketch and do some graff style writing to get the hang of it , get some pens etc.. have a 'desk' day, sat writing lyrics, then do some graff.. also, whilst sketching and practising your graff letters/style.. you can let your mind wonder and think up some lyrics etc.. listen to other artists and other genras for inspiration whilst sketching and writing at your desk.

then another day.. do the physical side of it, dj'in, bboyin .. and another day the chilling, mental side of it, sketching and writing

EWOKS

POTATOES GONNA POTATE
VIP Junglist
but agen, your best of with just taking time with each, i write lyrics and rap over instrumentals and chop my lyrics about and try master them and better them all the time, listen to other people and try write better. this takes all my time, id like to have time to produce/dj .. but my focus is on writing which is better for me, as im 100% dedicated..

pitts

VIP Junglist
dj'ing and sessioning/bboyin can go together, get a place you can mix and bboy at same time, you dj while your mate jump about, then switch..

graff and writing lyrics can go together, when travelling on train, or chillin, write lyrics, when you get writers block, sketch and do some graff style writing to get the hang of it , get some pens etc.. have a 'desk' day, sat writing lyrics, then do some graff.. also, whilst sketching and practising your graff letters/style.. you can let your mind wonder and think up some lyrics etc.. listen to other artists and other genras for inspiration whilst sketching and writing at your desk.

then another day.. do the physical side of it, dj'in, bboyin .. and another day the chilling, mental side of it, sketching and writing
major respect to him if he spends all his time doing this while hes in skool will def pay off in the future

JaySoDef

im only 15 and a sophmore in high school. so what you guys are saying is its impossible to do all 4? and that i should just take each element at ounce? oh and i could care less about school im a D- student so its whatever lol.

Joey AdhD

sweaty scouser
VIP Junglist
if u think u can nail it go for it, its only u who will know if u can do it all at once or not, but it should be enjoyable not a chore, not " i have to be this good at this piont" shit, jus go with the flow n enjoy it or there is no piont doin it at all....

oh and there nothin wrong with bein a D student bro, i was...that is all.

D BREAKNECK

7 years on top
VIP Junglist
just have fun with whatever you do and develop the skills you are drawn to. It ain't about being a superhero who does everything or scheduling your wk.

Watch Style Wars and learn about the history, how the elements evolved separately, then came together and evolved together. Used to be a time when a lotta ppl were only into '1 element'.