D'oh!

ac

I was in the middle of my set, and one of my speakers fell down and now the plastic bit (?) around the bottom speaker has a big split in it and sounds like it's farting. Any way I can fix it? :(

ac

I've cut a chunk out which has stopped the vibrating but now there's a hole which I have to fill. Think a bit of black electric tape will do the trick?

MARKLAR

International Tracksuit Salesman
VIP Junglist
I've cut a chunk out which has stopped the vibrating but now there's a hole which I have to fill. Think a bit of black electric tape will do the trick?
ittl probly be ok till u think of a better solution!

Welsh Junglist

AKA Faqade
VIP Junglist
This one looks a bit more haggard than yours by the sound but maybe worth a go? I think you'll need to buy a new rubber/foam outer ring for your woofer/speaker, unless you have an old set of speakers? Maybe worth fixing instead of buying a new set.

http://www.instructables.com/id/How_to_Refoam_your_Woofer/

Or you could try and use electrical tape or even using an old inner tube from a bike and cut a little piece off and glue it over the hole.

ac

It's the thin plastic bit that covers the whole speaker. I don't know the names unfortunately, but I guess they can be replaced, they are Truth 2030A's.

?

I mean, it's not making any vibrating noises now, just looks weird with a chunk missing.

Brownie D

i done sonething similar
i have my decks under my window seal wich hold one on my speekers

i was in the middles of a 3 deck mix n my mate was filmin on his fone and the speeker rattled of the window seal and smashed on to the vinyl which happnd to be my mates nu tune he was gob smaked but we watched the video time n time agen it was just toooo funnie ill try n get it uploaded.