DnB Dog Ears wip

got a really cool bounce to it, i like the bass too. could do with some more fx etc going to keep it interesting, also i think the snare needs a bit more snap.

Liking this one so far. Definitely onto something, would be interested to hear the finished version!

Intresting sounds, its like kinda weird but I like it somehow :lol:

Some fx, like oversight said. Some sweeps and such wouldn't hurt. It could bring the tune more alive!

Good job on this one :)

Cheers for all the comments guys, so re-work/brighten up the drums seems to be the thing. Ok

At 1:37 the mix seems to get better. I don't like the 16 bar hats. Don't sit well for me. Bass is cool and interesting. Sounds like a pig who found a truffle.

BROCK OUT!

That bassline is hench! This is the sort of dnb I wanna be listening to atm! Just need to bring the drums forward in the mix. Make the kick n snare abour 2dB louder? As IV4 said, the hats are a little jarring.

It's pretty muddy in the 200hz - 750hz range. Think maybe something needs to be cut around 500hz? Just a bit.

Also... needs some global reverb on it. Not a lot, just enough to match it to the synth at the beginning. Something to give a bit of presence...

Sounds pretty sick mate, weird panning stuff going on in the intro.. :D Kinda like it though, maybe the intro should be a little less abrupt, but still good work. Bass is heavy that's for sure! Nice work, try to make the drums a little bit bigger and your on a very good way to making this a nice banger!

For the intro maybe try a part with no drums, maybe even some cinematic type stuff, think it would suit this track fairly well.

For the intro maybe try a part with no drums, maybe even some cinematic type stuff, think it would suit this track fairly well.

Cheers guys, I was thinking something similar today when I had a fresh listen. Intro was kinda just chucked in there cos I needed one! That's a good idea about using something more ambient (y)

Phat Sam, thanks man, I'm hoping I can polish this one off, cos parts are good and parts are shit and that's often where my tunes end!

Back
Top Bottom