Does this sound liquid?

Discussion in 'Production' started by Indigo, Feb 23, 2010.

1. Indigo

Indigo Member

Hey guys ive been working on a liquid feel to my dnb lately and ive got a few tracks up
    please check em out

Indigo1

2. luciduk

luciduk Active Member

soundcloud isnt working for me at the minute!

but you need to post in the new talent and track reviews section in the future if you want to get feedback properly init :)

3. Indigo

Indigo Member

sorry bud i will repost in there now ;)

4. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yup sounds liquid. but you have to make more of a tune, this is a 10 second loop stretched to 5 minutes at the moment

5. kama

kama benkama.net

Isn't that how you're supposed to make dnb? :D

6. Indigo

Indigo Member

thanks for your input , got an example how not to make it a 10 second sample streched to 5 mins?

got any ideas how i could fill it out?

7. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

yes, more cords for your strings, more variations on your drums and bassline and more sections to your tune and... stuff, you know

8. 3xit

3xit Member

like in pop music, intro, verse, chorus etc.... if your lazy it will all be the same melody and chord sequence..... (then its boring)

if you change up the music, it creates interest, and a part of the song which the audience will look forward to

9. vicious-beats

vicious-beats Member

2p ...

Main lead synth sounds to loud in the mix for me. Could be my headphones but I think they would benefit from being quietened down a bit and adding more reverb time to it (sound a bit clinical). As said the arrangment is pretty much repeated. Maybe some chime type sounds to vary it up would set it off a bit too.

Pretty much the same thing for the 2nd tune too. I would try and use a few different synth sounds for the main hook within a single track. Just gets a bit over done but I don't think they're far away from being good tunes imo.

3rd one, generally not for me until 4:50 and then it was like sit up straight and take notice, and then it ended :confused: - why do you not use that sound in the main part of the track its class??!!??

Last edited: Feb 23, 2010
  10. Indigo

Indigo Member

i don't really like this track , i have really gone off dubstep and gone back to drum and bass after a while , Ive got the preset i used if you want it , just PM me :D

one more thing - how do you guys structure a tune , 3xit i understand where you coming from , but is there a specific guide line to follow , like an intro is 64 , chorus 128 ect?

11. kama

kama benkama.net

If you listen to dnb tunes you'll get a basic template for the structure, you have a long mixable intro usually with beats, then the bass comes in after 32, 48 or 64 bars... etc.

Makes for boring structures but I'd guess there's some kind of law in physics that makes them so, since they're all alike.

12. Indigo

Indigo Member

i think they might be alike so they can be mixed without being pre listen to?
    i dont mix myself but it seems the logical answer for the generic structure