does this bother anyone else?

NRGMC97

905 Junglists
I was just wondering if anyoneone else was bothered by the fact that the newer producers/dj's only play there own tracks in there sets and just tease with a couple of classic tracks, what happened to dj's playing the full spectrum of drum and bass.....it used to be about dj's/producers helping each other out by playing each others tunes out, i understand droppin' a few of your tunes but a whole set, you must like playing other tunes right? I just miss getting a proper mixtape with a mix of different producers tracks...we need more of the Nicky Blackmarkets of the scene out there promoting the genre...and let more dj's get into the scene that can mix rather than just tossing producers on the turntables, sorry i mean the cdj's (Lame!!!) who just do quick mixes or dont mix at all just to play more tunes during the set.

Please God no more Nicky Blackmarkets. God you could have said a plethora of names but you had to say bloody Nicky Blackmarket. Thats my day bloody ruined.

It's different strokes for different folks man. If we were all similar we'd get boring very quick. Beside's it's promotion for their tracks. If it's a brand new dub they have finished that day and havn't sent it out to other dj's, who else is gonna play it and test it out for them?

i do agree wen u say about throwing producers on as DJs - but at the same time they are promoting their own tunes.
just sad wen u see these "big name" DJs getting paid hundreds when u have loads of guys on her with even better talent

not bothered by it. sometimes ill watch/listen to a set just because i hope the DJ will drop a certain tune of his.

Last edited:
I was just wondering if anyoneone else was bothered by the fact that the newer producers/dj's only play there own tracks in there sets and just tease with a couple of classic tracks, what happened to dj's playing the full spectrum of drum and bass.....it used to be about dj's/producers helping each other out by playing each others tunes out, i understand droppin' a few of your tunes but a whole set, you must like playing other tunes right? I just miss getting a proper mixtape with a mix of different producers tracks...we need more of the Nicky Blackmarkets of the scene out there promoting the genre...and let more dj's get into the scene that can mix rather than just tossing producers on the turntables, sorry i mean the cdj's (Lame!!!) who just do quick mixes or dont mix at all just to play more tunes during the set.

i didnt read that whole post but it became quite clear straight away that you havnt heard enough contemporary mixes

i didnt read that whole post but it became quite clear straight away that you havnt heard enough contemporary mixes
I've been listening to drum & bass for over 10 years and have heard thousands of mixes....it just bums me out when the tunes that are on nowaday mixes are just the tracks of the moment and no one bothers to play differnt spectrums of the genre......

I've had enough of the yanks on this forum, I reckon I'd end up killing myself if I lived over there

Back
Top Bottom