Does logikz sleep?????

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by IV4, Jul 10, 2012.

1. IV4

IV4 Currently a newt.

Come on dude. You need to get some sleep. I post at 20:00 easter stardard time U.S. And you post 5 min later. When do you sleep. I just made a post at 00:10 and you posted 5 mins later. For all of you who do not know. Where logikz is....is 6 hours a head of my time. But he always seems to post. I used to think you just stated up all night. However, I am starting to think you never sleep. Take some melatonin it will also help with the alchol cravings at night just put you the fuck out. Go to bed or go to work. Your friend. IV

2. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

i know dude, i know, but its like, i re-discovered my studio, and last night i actually re-discovered drum and bass in the studio, so i got a drum and bass track on the go, inspired by this weekends shenanigans. going to be like minimal/autonomic, but melodic and full of chords and shit. i wanted to make it kind of nautical but i have no idea what that means, in terms of drum and bass, so im just going to put some recordings of the beach and the surf and rain on there to give it some kind of connection to water. and then a super minimal snap click clack pop crackle beat and distorted 808s, dropbasses, reecy riffs with z-planes aaaaaaand thats that. right! thats how you do a drum and bass right? am i right? point is the studio keeps me awake so when i go to bed its usually kind of late but i still check waffle and post something about how big my penis is, then, the next morning, first thing at work, i post a follow up to my enormous e-penis size. so im everywhere on the forum, all the damn time. its pretty sad. i never used to have the internet at home, but since i got this job i can work from home, in fact i have to every so often, so i got the internet and now i can post. from home, and be a sad internet wanker. to be fair though, i am teaching myself the guitar and bass guitar and singing via youtubes and downloadable tabulatures which i guess you could call productive. BUT i am not the main culprit in not sleeping, jaros, dibby, ahmed, phat_sam, all the student type guys go into their peak performance hours round 4 in the morning

3. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

tl:dr

fyi ... bots dont sleep

4. logikz

you utter turk. im going to dolan your next thread, you know that right. dont think i wont do it. cos i will.

5. Scrapped

Scrapped Member

what time is it in the states right now? ./too lazy to google it. :lol:

Just to be that guy:

sleep is for those that are broke - someone

6. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

Oh for rilly, You got an E-mu!?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2012
  7. logikz

depends where in the states but at its very least 9th of February 1996

8. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

pffft
    dogikx please

9. logikz

better believe it songmeny me jingmeny boy son me lad sonny boy boy. your thread = dolan thread

10. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

What's a z-plane? I it one of those LED zeppelins I've heard so much about?

11. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I thought a better question would be, does he wake up?

herojuana likes this.
  12. logikz

its a filter specific to the emu samplers. normal filters got an x and a y axis kind of construct to how it works, the emus got whats known as an eq morph filter which means its got a z axis on there too. prominent if not to say defining mid 90s drum and bass (not only warpy morphing reece but on drums and synths and all) but very much relevant even to this day as it is by far the most amazing filter in existence. imo of course, you dont strickly need it to make morphy bass, but it sure helps. in fact i dont think its possible to load up a reecey sound and not make a neuro lead. have to get up very early in the morning and work very hard not to make a neuro lead when youre working with the emu. so i couldnt live without it and im going in the studio asap today to get biz-ay with some nautical dnb my most elderlyest songmengny jingmengny

13. logikz

yup, go to work, sleep, eat breakfast and lunch, sober up, shower, drink coffee, tea, water, have some vitamins, and before you know it its five and its time for my real life to begin.
    this job is over though, were all fired effective 1st of aug. so its not as good as it sounds. but it has been pretty damn sweet these last three years, i mean ffs, i been on heron and vodka most of the time.

14. ScottyEightSix

ScottyEightSix HUGE EARS > COMEDY CHIN

I thought you did all thos things whilst you slept?!?!?1

15. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

So it's basically a three parameter filter?

You get - what, like - cutoff, resonance aaaand.. something different all together?

16. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

resonant square waves with distortion and automated filters doe.

17. logikz

oh freal? detuned? modulated square wave reece bidness? fierce, nico, no u-turn style sound. dont say too much, youll divulge the whole drum and bass. (do you have a song i can listen to btw)

18. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

can't really give proper specifics without logic in front of me, buuuuut...
    use the ESE synth in logic, turn the resonance up and put down a few notes and automate the square wave width over the length of the phrase, send to a phase distortion channel, find a nice mix between the dry signal and the distorted one, put the evoc filter on to make it sound 'hollow' (-1 formant shift and -20 on 'Boost B') and frequency sweep to get rid of the bad resonant spikes, put on a couple of filters (low pass and high pass) and play around with automating them, use camelphat, cyanide 2, frohmage, prosoniq north pole etc.

spend a while fine tuning the settings of everything and you has winrar.jpg

19. logikz

so PWM modulation, up the resonance, new york some dist, eq notch, frequency split (or did you mean lp and hp at the same time because yolo?) sounds good but you forget 3 things, double up and detune the waveform, chorus before distortion and what the frick frack is an evoc filter. we should do a techstep tune sometime man. im in fruity 8.5 i think.

20. dirty breaks

dirty breaks Guest

yeah slight detune so that it phases and send both to a new channel, slight compression to sum them together or add cytomics the glue compressor cos yolo. split frequencies if you want and go crazy with effects and shit or add some more filter automation on the bus in the arrange window (dont know if you can do that in frooty poops) I was going for more of that hollow square wave bass that's all the rage in them ticky ticky tunes atm, but yeah as you said the same shit applys to gnarly reeces, and get yo self on logic mang.