Does Logic suck?

tomkat

I've used Logic since 2009 and I've recently started to suspect that it's a really awkward DAW that makes the music production process needlessly hard. I've been doing research on all the big artists and hardly any of them seem to use Logic, it's usually Ableton or Cubase or FL Studio or whatever. I'm starting to think I've set myself back a long time by trying to learn a difficult program when I could have progressed a lot faster with something else. Does anyone here use Logic for drum and bass? Do you find it easy to use or awkward and slow?

logic 9 has loads of tools that ableton dont have but it does make chopping up the audio and midi mapping a bit of a pain compared to ableton.

ableton is a lot faster and more intuitive and fun to use though.

I'm still upset at Logic for stealing my Alchemy.

I think if Logic's workflow doesn't work well for you, you might want to try out other DAWs, but they all have a lot of functionality and can work really well. I switched from Reaper to Ableton because I liked the plugins from Suite and the session view workflow, but there's things in other DAWs that they do better than Ableton too. It's mostly what works for you, I wouldn't go off of popularity with big artists or anything.

you can fk right off, i spell with a "kz" and not a "c" because im well street and gangsta and that yeah? im from the ghettos of brooklyn and bracknell and berlin and other places thats even more shit

last time i used logic was 2000 and vstis didnt even have multiple outs back then. i tended to think the sound quality was better compared
to the tracker or FLP 3 that we were working in at the time though, i remember that.

and alchemy as a plug was so bloated that i couldnt get into it. and im a straight camel audio-phile i loved all their stuff.

Used to use logic pre-pc switchup. Loved it. Once i got the reins of it it was simple enough. There is no perfect daw mate.. and you can make great music in any of the major ones.

Used to use logic pre-pc switchup. Loved it. Once i got the reins of it it was simple enough. There is no perfect daw mate.. and you can make great music in any of the major ones.

this is the truth, and you can even make pro music in the shitter ones, its all down to your method.

but thats also why people say daw x is better than daw y, they like the workflow better, thats all.

so find one that suits you, or take one and work it to the bone until its yours forever.

both methods are equally valid, but the first one is more intelligent.

see, we didnt have intelligence when i started so you had to sort of make do, these days you can shop around, which has to be nice.

Logic is perfect...you just need to know it, and if you spent cash for it you'd learn it in a few days, at least the basics to flow.

Live is more immediate, but i don't like it personally.

I think you'll find that a lot of D&B artists use Logic (for instance Break). I've used it for years (I'm on Logic X now) and am pretty happy with it. Ableton looks cool but I've never felt sufficiently intrigued to spend money to change when Logic does the job for me. Any hang ups, problems etc with my productions are mainly a result of the operator and not the DAW.

i do suck and i am stupid

but yesterday int he line to get my last minute bits all i could think about if is why the fuck have these 2 in front of got 4 kids and then i have to put up with that childish cunt from florida

so i had a bit of a minor melton

sorry

merry christmas everyone.

i do suck and i am stupid

but yesterday int he line to get my last minute bits all i could think about if is why the fuck have these 2 in front of got 4 kids and then i have to put up with that childish cunt from florida

so i had a bit of a minor melton

sorry

merry christmas everyone.
I like the music of yours I've heard brother đź‘Š

Back
Top Bottom