Does Drum and Bass need to go more underground

5574740_700b.jpg

sorry I couldn't find a better Hipstermeme, if anyone could do the honours?

Inb4

* Insert boring 3 paragraph rambling post about how modern economics and society have demanded the osmosis of all underground culture into the mainstream and anyone who dislikes this fact is an old cunt *

da prblm is that dubstep iz mainstrim and since dnb iz just fast dubstep it makez dnb mainstrim 2

No

Would you rather it was just you and 12 other mid-20s males stood in a club stroking their chins and making a note of what songs each DJ plays?

I think drum and bass started to jump the shark when more DJs started to play liquid. I used to like Ram and Andy C back in the day but probably now only like 1 or 2 songs out of 10-15 that Ram puts out nowadays. Thank god Virus hasn't changed at all.

I think drum and bass started to jump the shark when more DJs started to play liquid. I used to like Ram and Andy C back in the day but probably now only like 1 or 2 songs out of 10-15 that Ram puts out nowadays. Thank god Virus hasn't changed at all.

yeah but this movement from ram and other older bigger labels leaves room for new labels to come through with quality music, even more 'underground'. I think there is a nice balance to be honest.

yeah but this movement from ram and other older bigger labels leaves room for new labels to come through with quality music, even more 'underground'. I think there is a nice balance to be honest.

Mmm, perhaps. I'm hoping Program at least puts out the stuff like Ram used to put out.

Program is coming along quite nicely.

ITT: No. TBH, a few years back I was tired of being like the only single guy I knew to even know what DnB is. One of the great things about music is sharing and discussing it with others, and that can't be done when others don't know it. I can understand those who live in the UK since there are probably a lot of listeners, parties and such, but worldwide, till like 2 years ago, not a chance. It's becoming much better in that point now, however, it's like everything, once more people get to know it, more mainstream money-guided bullshit starts appearing. There has always been bad music as there has always been good music, we just gotta find it. But I'm not saying anything new on this forum :P

Lets just hope that what happened to Dubstep doesn't happen to DnB :P

Good point.

Back
Top Bottom