Does Drum and Bass need to go more underground

[video=youtube_share;6bBTIWZxkuI]http://youtu.be/6bBTIWZxkuI[/video]

Last edited:
Okay, so you've posted a handful of "mainstream" sounding tunes/looking videos. Where's the point tho? Does this prove dnb has gone all-shite lately? Nope. Does this prove there's not enough good and not-one-bit poppy dnb tunes to make up for this? Nope. So it's kinda useless to continue with it, don't you think?

Okay, so you've posted a handful of "mainstream" sounding tunes/looking videos. Where's the point tho? Does this prove dnb has gone all-shite lately? Nope. Does this prove there's not enough good and not-one-bit poppy dnb tunes to make up for this? Nope. So it's kinda useless to continue with it, don't you think?

Yes I do think dnb has gone all-shite lately that's what this thread is about.

Also im sick of everyone saying you have to search for good dnb. Well ive been listening to dnb for about 15 years now and ive never had to search for the big tracks they have always been right there infront of me. Laime excuse saying you have to search for the good stuff ive never heard anything like it. If a big track is released everyone knows about it.

The last event I went I spent most the time in the smoking area instead of enjoying the music.

Im done with this thread, Im off to search for some music

Last edited:

Also im sick of everyone saying you have to search for good dnb. Well ive been listening to dnb for about 15 years now and ive never had to search for the big tracks they have always been right there infront of me. Laime excuse saying you have to search for the good stuff ive never heard anything like it. If a big track is released everyone knows about it.

The last event I went I spent most the time in the smoking area instead of enjoying the music.

Perhaps you've just fallen out of love with drum and bass? It happens man, evidently people who still like the genre are still finding tunes they like, maybe you should stop listening to jump up? :teeth: what was the last event you went to? Also you seem to know all the mainstream gay vocally tracks, I don't know any of them, why? because I only look for and listen to shit I actually think I'll like don't go out of my way to listen to crap I know I'm not going to enjoy.

Inb4

* Insert boring 3 paragraph rambling post about how modern economics and society have demanded the osmosis of all underground culture into the mainstream and anyone who dislikes this fact is an old cunt *

Hi guysh

Surely the main point is.... who fucking cares?

Not all D&B has been absorbed by the masses, there are still parts of it that are untouched but due to the times we live in now (internet etc) it's easier for things to reach a wider audience. And why should that be a bad thing? Something you like has gone too mainstream... so fucking what? There's more than enough 'underground' and new drum & bass out there to cater for what you think maybe being lost somewhere else. And people forget that while we all like cherish music in a certain way, its a fucking BUSINESS and an INDUSTRY.

So Fresh makes some commercial music now? He's a producer who needs to make money. I dont like his new material but I just dont listen to it.

So Ram & Hospital have a bigger profile now? Why is that a bad thing. Isnt music meant to be all encompassing? Why should we restrict people just because they got into D&B because of a Delta Heavy tune they heard Annie Mac play?

There is plenty of underground and 'subversive' D&B out there to counterbalance everything else. People just need to stop whining and focus on what they like rather than bitching because what they used to be into isnt how it was 10-15 years ago or whatever.

That's all cool, but the times have changed. Some of the best dnb is keeping in low profile right now because all those tunes you've posted are taking over the crowd. Small labels, barely known producers...you expect those to walk around our houses like Jehova witnesses knocking on our doors saying "oh hai Dagz m9, we r the shit right now, give our choons a listen"? This all comes down to a question of Sweaty Teddy - have you fallen out of love with drum and bass? Because it sure like hell seems like it. If you haven't, there is plenty of good stuff out there and even some of it comes out on the labels like Hospital or RAM.

Awwwww

Didums.....

Back
Top Bottom