Does anyone use Discogs?

Ian_x

Morning all! I have a load of vinyl that I need to sell, been holding onto it for too long now and need to buy some studio stuff so its I figure its a good cause.

Was thinking of doing it over ebay but I am sure I heard/read someone saying that Discogs is better. Has anyone used it? Had any bad/good experience? Are you still protected money wise etc?

I am reading through the FAQ and guides at the moment but just wanted some personal feedback from you guys on here too.

Cheers!

I have used it before Ian. Its very good. They take 10% of the selling fee for you using their site though. I got rid of records pretty quickly on there though. Do a bit of research on the tunes you are selling and 'strategically' price them for quick sale.
You at Saki Bar this Friday Ian?

Cool, cheers mate. Still haven't read through it all yet because I'm at work, how does it work with people paying you. Is it a paypal ting?

Not sure about Saki mate, I keep trying to get to that but something always seems to come up and I really want to see Lomax, Spy and Bcee at K2 on the same night. Really feeling these guys at the moment and not seen them play before. What time you on?

Cool, cheers mate. Still haven't read through it all yet because I'm at work, how does it work with people paying you. Is it a paypal ting?

Not sure about Saki mate, I keep trying to get to that but something always seems to come up and I really want to see Lomax, Spy and Bcee at K2 on the same night. Really feeling these guys at the moment and not seen them play before. What time you on?

Yeah its a paypal setup so you're covered if they try to fleece you.

Yeah that Bass Music night looks sick. I'm playing there next month on 13th Nov. I'm playing 1 - 2:30 on Friday.

It's probably the best place to sell your records.
Ebay is alright. But it's just to general to get enough views on your item that your selling.

Also, if you post a record that some other user wants, it will come up in their inbox, Automatic notification FTW!

Back
Top Bottom