Does anyone on here use or used an MPC to make music with?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
So I've got about £600 that i wanna spend on some music making equipment, could well do with a new pc but £600 wont really get me anything good......but im really tempted to get an MPC1000 instead as when im trying to make music with a DAW i get bored really easily, ok i know that a DAW can probably do everything an mpc can do and more, but they sure look a lot more fun to make music with and i think i like the idea of making music with my hands rather than clicking a mouse.....plus you dont have to keep constantly upgrading them and you can quickly get something going on the fly with them......although i dont wanna end up with an expensive door stop.....

Anyone here got or used one before?

heres a vid of the mpc5000 in action btw;

Last edited by a moderator:
I've never used one but drop the same question on the DOA grid and you're bound to get some first hand experience. From what I remember there are a few guys there who use MPC's and if I'm right they really liked the change in workflow.

I've never used one but drop the same question on the DOA grid and you're bound to get some first hand experience. From what I remember there are a few guys there who use MPC's and if I'm right they really liked the change in workflow.

Ok cheers mate, i had a look on DOA but that site keeps freezing up on me for some reason? Oh well i guess i'll try again....

Anyone else got anything to say about MPC's?

Back
Top Bottom