Does anyone on here use or used an MPC to make music with?

Discussion in 'Production' started by mr meh, Dec 27, 2010.

1. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

So I've got about £600 that i wanna spend on some music making equipment, could well do with a new pc but £600 wont really get me anything good......but im really tempted to get an MPC1000 instead as when im trying to make music with a DAW i get bored really easily, ok i know that a DAW can probably do everything an mpc can do and more, but they sure look a lot more fun to make music with and i think i like the idea of making music with my hands rather than clicking a mouse.....plus you dont have to keep constantly upgrading them and you can quickly get something going on the fly with them......although i dont wanna end up with an expensive door stop.....

Anyone here got or used one before?

heres a vid of the mpc5000 in action btw;

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2015
  2. Forau

Forau CONCUSSION RECS

Get yourself a drum kit mate :/
    lol

3. kama

kama benkama.net

I've never used one but drop the same question on the DOA grid and you're bound to get some first hand experience. From what I remember there are a few guys there who use MPC's and if I'm right they really liked the change in workflow.

4. mr meh

mr meh Well-Known Member

Ok cheers mate, i had a look on DOA but that site keeps freezing up on me for some reason? Oh well i guess i'll try again....

Anyone else got anything to say about MPC's?