Does anyone know why Pulp Fiction is so rare?

MC Motion

Custom Avatarmess
I heard that Alex Reece and Goldie had an argument just after it was realesed and the tune got recalled and only a few got out.

Is this true or does anyone know any different? I also know that this tune is damn old so the rumours have probably spiralled out of control by now!!!

Anyone have facts?

I know nothing of the rumours, but it was on the Alex Reece CD Album (So Far, I think it was called) and it was a loooong time ago... Gotta have been 1996?

Would be interested in knowing if there was any animosity, wouldn't surprise me as far as Goldie is concerned..

Nah, the one on the Alex Reese album was a different mix / remix called "Pulp Friction"

Apparently there are to be some Headz represses in the shops soon. Time will tell if Pulp Fiction is amongst them.

Caution said:
Apparently there are to be some Headz represses in the shops soon. Time will tell if Pulp Fiction is amongst them.

Innit, I been waiting for these badboys for time!!!

Also, if anyones desperate for P.F. Im pretty sure Redeye had some whites of it last week.

Mulla said:
Innit, I been waiting for these badboys for time!!!

Also, if anyones desperate for P.F. Im pretty sure Redeye had some whites of it last week.

There not the original mix though :cry:

The only one i've ever seen was on e-bay for £45 and one in Hard To Find for about the same money!

Apparantly Alex Reece made a slightly different version so he could release it because Goldie owns the copyright of the original! As I said though this could all be exaggerated rumours though!!

Last edited:
MC Motion said:
There not the original mix though :cry:

Apparantly Alex Reece made a slightly different version so he could release it because Goldie owns the copyright of the original! As I said though this could all be exaggerated rumours though!!

Yep, that's true and that's why they fell out.

I don't think there's any less copies around than any other Metalheadz tune from that time but this one just happens to have much more mass appeal and be more in demand :2thumbs:

aparently alex reece rekons that the goldikus owes him nuff cash (30 grand or so)

how the fuck anyone rekons that a tune would make that much on a very small run is beyond me but

they fell out and had a scrap at ermm i forget (metalheadz or speed i think)

so anyways the way it works i think is

metal headz signed the tune and put out maybe 5 thou copys

mr reece and goldie fall out

metalheadz own the rights blah blah blah for said tune

if they put out more copys i think they would get a bit in the shit somehow(maybee mr reece would take them to court)

alex reec put out the same tune but with a load of shit bongos on the top so it wernt the same on his album

oh no now i think about it alex signed the tune to goldwee but then when he realised how big it was gonna be i think he wanted it for his album but goldie wouldnt release the tune back to him so they wacked it out quick sharp b4 court cases could be delt etc etc but then alex put the shit bongos over it and put it on his album anyway

yeah so diregard all the first shit i said to much chineese whispers and weed warping my nut over the years

Back
Top Bottom