does anyone know of any good software synthesizers??

unknownelementz

Elementz
does anyone know of any good synths for basslines n such, that resemble cakewalks z3ta at all?? i used t use a pc but switchd to mac, n massive n the usual just arent doin it, dont get me wrong i love massive but it doesnt have tht edgey sound tht z3ta had. any ideas? cheers pzx

logikz

I Am Not The King
any synths that sounds like its from the 80s, there are quite a lot of them out there for free, but there is so much shit out there its nearly impossible to know what to get. but i did a thread on DOA about 80s sounding vsts and got quite a few good replies, here ill go see if i can find it

---------- Post added at 17:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

doa is down right now. im sure youll find your way though. its all about resampling anyway.

Last edited:

logikz

I Am Not The King
big man with your biggest stabs. show and prove hot shot! and yes predator is bloody amazing. nothing on the freeware side even comes close. but like i said with a little resampling you can come a long way

ApeCat

Human Dubplate
VIP Junglist
I just use Sytrus or 3xosc for everything.
Hit shit up with some drive, a little delay and a fat filter and you're good to go.

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
I agree with Kama, anything by rob papen is solid gold in my opinion. Predator for the synth stabs and leads, albino 3 for the monster basses and blue for some nice ambience

cahbdnb

does anyone know of any good synths for basslines n such, that resemble cakewalks z3ta at all?? i used t use a pc but switchd to mac, n massive n the usual just arent doin it, dont get me wrong i love massive but it doesnt have tht edgey sound tht z3ta had. any ideas? cheers pzx

Native Instruments Massive....

www.soundcloud.com/cahb

logikz

I Am Not The King
can i add on a question..?

is there such a thing as a free mac VST host that i could run massive etc in?

reason user innit.

there are standalone vsts hosts, i specifically remember toby (of toby plugs or similar) writing one (pluggo i think it was?) but i have no idea if they got it for mac, id be shocked if they even had notepad for mac tbh
but from what i understand you can use a wrapper in logic on a mac, to run vsts, as it were.

unknownelementz

Elementz
ok thnx 4 all tht guy i already hav n use massive, albino 3 n predator, is ther a gud/safe way of using pc based software on a mac, wot is bootcamp like? I jus basically want t use z3ta.

Mr Fletch

aka KRONIX
VIP Junglist
Ok, Z3ta is ok, but why the hell would you want to use that, when you have the likes of Massive, Albino and Predator! Personally I think any three of those synths are better than Z3ta........although that is only my opinion.........

Top Bottom