Does anyone DNB DJ's use Scratch tools anymore?

Agent Smith

Currently Putins Koala
VIP Junglist
Always wanted to try my hand at scratching after way back when before I started mixing, one of my mates could scratch effortlessly (although he couldn't really mix or blend...) and since that day i've always wanted to give it a go.

Just wanted to see if anyone out there is still at it? What the best scratch tools are to buy? Any advice or tips?

Its not something I expect to pick up immediately...but I practise mixing everyday so would like to add this to the artillery. I think it could add an extra dimension which only a handful of people use nowadays.

Peace
Stu

Always wanted to try my hand at scratching after way back when before I started mixing, one of my mates could scratch effortlessly (although he couldn't really mix or blend...) and since that day i've always wanted to give it a go.

Just wanted to see if anyone out there is still at it? What the best scratch tools are to buy? Any advice or tips?

Its not something I expect to pick up immediately...but I practise mixing everyday so would like to add this to the artillery. I think it could add an extra dimension which only a handful of people use nowadays.

Peace
Stu

Im currently in a similar position. Learning to scratch is both fun and extremely depressing, lol. Grab some scratch vinyl, its vinyl with scratch samples on, i cant really recommend any, just have a google about.

Yeah just get a scratch vinyl, any will do, most of them have all the same popular scratch samples on.
If u have cheap flimsy needles, prepare to replace them! Same goes 4 ur x fader!
It's good fun once u get the hang of it! Enjoy!

Learning to scratch is like learning to dj all over again, it take alot of work before you see any results.

Also just make sure your not one of these djs that will over do it, scratching over dnb can be great but if you over do it it can be annoying as fuck.

Yeh man go for it, i recommend DJ Qberts lessons on youtube for learning, helped me out with various techniques, n just have a listen to some scratch tools in rec shops, most of em i find are hip hop weapons loaded with battle breaks n other stuff which aint that appliable into drum n bass with out being a cut chemist, try to find ones with lots of short samples and maybe some acapellas.

yeah my mate is sick at scratching.. try and get vocal samples i find easier. cause u can get alot of scratch vinyl that has beats over it. and thats proper hard!

Dj angelo teaches scratching like a god

djtutor.com <=== look at him there

Back
Top Bottom