Does anyone actually like live shows?

Anyone can be a DJ, it's a skill that can be learnt by anyone. that's why theres so many pikey cunt DJ's. For a live show you need to have real talent, i.e. make music and be proficient enough to perform it live. Sub Focus, Chase and Status, Nero, Justice, Mistabishi, Deadmau5, Netsky, Skrillex etc. are all good examples of this.

It depends on what they mean by live. Like there's live like Andy C and Camo & Krooked where it's just visuals with DJing basically. Then there's like Netsky live where he plays out full songs with breaks in between with proper instruments (which I wasn't really a fan of)

But then again Chase & Status's live show is similar to Netsky's, just a lot better.

have to agree tek one are pretty sick live (even tho its dubstep). Icicle was also good, when i saw him it felt like he was adding bits to the tunes and manipulating them instead of just performing tho. I cant see the appeal of netsky jumping around with one of them keytar things though.

I have to say, dirtyphonics smash it live. i saw them about 2 years ago and it was full on madness. sick mixing as well as them playing there midi instruments. was the best "live" set ive ever seen!

I have to say, dirtyphonics smash it live. i saw them about 2 years ago and it was full on madness. sick mixing as well as them playing there midi instruments. was the best "live" set ive ever seen!

Seen them twice. The first time was amazing and one of the best nights I've been to, second time they had really jumped onboard the 'screech' bandwagon and we actually walked out.

Seen them twice. The first time was amazing and one of the best nights I've been to, second time they had really jumped onboard the 'screech' bandwagon and we actually walked out.

i feared they would, which is why ive not seen them since. Dont want to taint my memory of them. the jungle juice video of them is so hype

have to agree tek one are pretty sick live (even tho its dubstep). Icicle was also good, when i saw him it felt like he was adding bits to the tunes and manipulating them instead of just performing tho. I cant see the appeal of netsky jumping around with one of them keytar things though.

this video is like my preparation for every rave fuck they r brilliant - shame about some of their latest releases

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to see a live show that doesn't use a computer. Maybe have a proper band with a proper drummer and guitars too. But mainly no computers

We have done a few Live shows already this year with our group Diverse Reality, We still mix the tracks we made, but perform the Vocals live with our singer.. Seems to go off every time we do it, so we must be doing something right :)

only live I enjoyed was Noisia's one. rest is meh. dj set all the way

Noisia doesn't actually perform live sets... It's all dj-sets, but sometimes promoters slap on "live" behind noisia's name, they don't really like it when that happens, because it confuses the fans.

Anyone can be a DJ, it's a skill that can be learnt by anyone. that's why theres so many pikey cunt DJ's. For a live show you need to have real talent, i.e. make music and be proficient enough to perform it live. Sub Focus, Chase and Status, Nero, Justice, Mistabishi, Deadmau5, Netsky, Skrillex etc. are all good examples of this.

Some of these peoples "live" shows you are mentioning are pretty ridiculous and are even easier than actual dj-ing...

BTT: I can see why some djs try to get away from their dj routine but I haven't been impressed by any "live" shows. Plus for most producers/djs it's just an excuse to get even more cash out of a booking.

Last edited:
I'd like to see a live show that doesn't use a computer. Maybe have a proper band with a proper drummer and guitars too. But mainly no computers

I remeber seeing DJ Krust at Warning in about 2005 play a set like this. Drums, guitarists, Bassist, keyboards and 2 singers, with Krust kinda blending it all together. Still some computer magic involved but by a long way, the best 'live' drum and bass I have seen.

Also, Jungle Drummer Kills it.

Bollocks!

Anyone can learn to beat match/mix two tunes.... But tune selection is something that cannot be taught/learnt!

and anyone can select tunes...

Not the right tune for the right moment that mixes well with the previous tune.

If it is so easy, crack on and get a good mix up?

I genuinely can't make up my mind whether you're just a complete tosser/stupid cunt or a really good troll?

I genuinely can't make up my mind whether you're just a complete tosser/stupid cunt or a really good troll?

disagree with my opinion and get this shitty? wow. :rofl:

internet forum mentality at it's finest!

disagree with my opinion and get this shitty? wow. :rofl:

internet forum mentality at it's finest!

Just an observation of your attitude to other members on the forum and a lot of your posts in general.

But, that's just my opinion other people will disagree however, as I have already received possitive rep for it some people clearly agree with me.

Went to a Loadstar live show @ cable a little while back. It was alright.

Personally i prefer seeing someone up there on some 1210's.

Back
Top Bottom