Does anybody wish to tell me why...

Arcane

Metalheadz output had been so average in quality and quantity this year?

Freedom is sick, as is the Lenzman single and Accidental Note, but Say Nothin and Killer Driller have nothing on other 'headz releases. The less said about the new Genesis EP the better.

New Jubei 12" was meant to happen ages ago, and they have some mad dubs out there (Subwave remix of Open Page, Rido - They Think That, Rockwell Say Nothin' Remix).

Lets just hope the new Platinum Breakz can make amends.

Thoughts?

Say Nothin and Killer Driller are both sick imo. Saying that I'm also dissapointed about the quantity, not to mention how they handled promoting and releasing Subwave's LP, which was one of the best this year. All their sublabels releases were killers tho.

Killer Driller is sick and has a proper Metalheadz vibe. Say Nothin is a fairly average tune and always has been IMO, the Rockwell remix (which I hated on first listen) is actually a lot better
I think they've had a solid year but not as good as the last couple of years.

Prague Connection EP and Twisted / Core (and the VIP) are all so sick.
Can't wait for more Rido releases like these.

But in reply to your question;

Goldie_Spl_620_1620412a.jpg

razors edge.

headz put out the obsession remix. for that i don't care what else they do or don't put out this year

was prague connection ep this year? seems so long ago but that was the last metalheadz release to wow me... the latest ones have been baggable releases, nothing more really

each to their own... vinyl takes long to produce and if you have so many artists and projects, than you need to set priorities. Sure sometimes they take a bit long but it's always worth the wait. Some blinding releases this year.

not to mention how they handled promoting and releasing Subwave's LP, which was one of the best this year.

Huge album, always gets forgotten about for me because it didnt get a vinyl pressing, strange decision.

razors edge.

headz put out the obsession remix. for that i don't care what else they do or don't put out this year

this.

+ I had the Metalheadz History Sessions boat party in Croatia...I think my Metalheadz quota has been filled nicely this year.

My bone to pick with Metalheadz is not releasing Justified Remix.
Why oh why would you sit on something for so long; then decide a few years down the line that it should remain a dub...another strange decision.

Prague Connection and Twisted / Core single are 2011 business. This year there were 2 early releases (METH98 and 99 - Mikal/Break single & dBridge single), then we were waiting for Freedom. In that perspective 6 releases a year is not so little, but then again they have plenty of tunes in the vault.

razors edge.

it took them long enough though. we were waiting on that for a good year before it came and to be honest i was almost bored of it by the time it dropped

was prague connection ep this year? seems so long ago but that was the last metalheadz release to wow me... the latest ones have been baggable releases, nothing more really

yea prague connection was towards the end of last year if i remember correctly. october/november time. yea that was the last release to really do it for me too. every tune kills it. i almost get the impression that they are trying to space out their big tunes as much as possible. loads of fillers on the last genesis ep's, long waits between releases and then single sided picture discs. Whats wrong with the other side!!! not a great year for headz in my opinion. lets hope for a better 2013

My bone to pick with Metalheadz is not releasing Justified Remix.
Why oh why would you sit on something for so long; then decide a few years down the line that it should remain a dub...another strange decision.

It was leaked, hence why they didnt put it out

I know Chris who runs the label pretty well and had bugged him for time about them releasing it but he said it would never happen, which is a god damn shame

I know Chris who runs the label pretty well and had bugged him for time about them releasing it but he said it would never happen, which is a god damn shame

Remember hearing something similar that it got leaked, probably from one of your previous posts to be honest

Very rarely do remixes piss all over the original of a track but this is a huge example of it.

was still leaked about a year and a half after everyone knew about it. no djs were using it anymore when it was leaked. was it actually gunna get a release? labels have to expect old dubs will eventually filter out if they just sit on them. the sad truth.

Remember hearing something similar that it got leaked, probably from one of your previous posts to be honest

Very rarely do remixes piss all over the original of a track but this is a huge example of it.

Preaching to the converted Stu. Tune is too much.

Tbh, there have been a few examples of tracks that have been around for ages getting a release years later (Triple X by Sub Focus is an example. On dub since 05 yet wasnt released until about 5-6 years later).
Unfortunately this maybe the one tune where that doesnt apply. Headz like to keep it moving and keep it fresh, so fair play to them i guess

was still leaked about a year and a half after everyone knew about it. no djs were using it anymore when it was leaked. was it actually gunna get a release? labels have to expect old dubs will eventually filter out if they just sit on them. the sad truth.

Of course it would've got a release. I doubt it was just a dubplate for DJ's cos it's not a VIP but an actual remix but circumstances mean it'll never get put out. I'm pretty sure it's flaoting about on the web somewhere if you look for it

Freedom is sick, as is the Lenzman single

Thoughts?

those are the ones you picked?
i think the reason you think their output has been subpar is due to your lack of taste.
i dont know what answer you were hoping to get from this thread. probably just trolling.

regardless of opinions. metalheadz has and always will put out music they like and not whats popular or going to sell well. which is why they have been one of the few labels that hasn't fell off over the years.

Of course it would've got a release. I doubt it was just a dubplate for DJ's cos it's not a VIP but an actual remix but circumstances mean it'll never get put out. I'm pretty sure it's flaoting about on the web somewhere if you look for it

im sure everyone on here is guilty of having it lol. i just think that if they put that out maybe 5 or 6 months after giving it out to marky etc then this whole situation could have been avoided. actually marky got in trouble for giving out dubs that werent his to give out a few years back. suspect no 1 lol

EDIT: wordsworth - nice and deep
how did i let you go - cheesy as fuck

Back
Top Bottom