Doctrine? vs Mefjus & Emperor

encounter

VIP Junglist

really??? I mean seriously... But really the worst thing about it, is Noisia giving something like this a platform.

I know not really positiv vibes, so I'm gonna leave this here:

very different sounds.

are you kidding me? :eek: the basic of the track is exactly the same. If that's all you need from a music genre than fair enough.
Yes it happens far too often, especially in neuro and that's what's wrong with it IMO.

Clockout is similar but not as worse as the Doctrine track. It's more stripped back.

There's unoriginality in drum & bass, you can't really do much about it. Sometimes there's the situation where people inspired by other tunes copy them without realising.

There should be a megathread where you post tunes that copy -- or otherwise sound similar to -- an older tune.

Yea as previously said, there is a lot of copying going around. Dimension copying Culture Shock, Dub Motion copying Dimension (who was copying Wilkinson) and Die, Signs copying Noisia, Neonlight copying Noisia.... It won't end. As long as the tune is different enough and gives me a bit of a different vibe, it's all good. (Although that's not always the case, but with this Doctrine x Emperor/Mefjus copy, it's all good for me)

People just want music they can dance to at big festivals (i.e Let It Roll), they don't care if it's original or not

Just find all of em and mix every one of them back to back so the room thinks you're playing out the same tune for a straight hour

Yea as previously said, there is a lot of copying going around. Dimension copying Culture Shock, Dub Motion copying Dimension (who was copying Wilkinson) and Die, Signs copying Noisia, Neonlight copying Noisia.... It won't end. As long as the tune is different enough and gives me a bit of a different vibe, it's all good. (Although that's not always the case, but with this Doctrine x Emperor/Mefjus copy, it's all good for me)

Of course, alot of people actually do. They're not better and I said that whenever it was possible. Fair enough if it's a different vibe for you, for me it's lazy ass copying & trying to get recognised over other peoples work. At least the label should have noticed. I have no problem if people try to reproduce someones track/style but once you actually release it under your name, that's a no go. As well I think it's not good for d&b in general. Invisible was always about bringing different vibes & originality, this one not really.

People just want music they can dance to at big festivals (i.e Let It Roll), they don't care if it's original or not

Yeah maybe the vast majority because they have no clue about who does what but once you care about it, it starts to be relevant. At least it did for me and this is a forum to discuss this music so I will moan about it :teeth:

Of course, alot of people actually do. They're not better and I said that whenever it was possible. Fair enough if it's a different vibe for you, for me it's lazy ass copying & trying to get recognised over other peoples work. At least the label should have noticed. I have no problem if people try to reproduce someones track/style but once you actually release it under your name, that's a no go. As well I think it's not good for d&b in general. Invisible was always about bringing different vibes & originality, this one not really.
Do you produce man? It would make a lot of sense if you didnt.
As a producer when you hear a track that you really love, thats really inspiring, you can have this overwhelming urge to make a tune of your own like it. It's like a trigger. Like a boner. It's this pushing at the back of brain to expand on the sensations of that track by trying to make your own reflection of it.
Some people give in, start work on a fresh tune, and succeed.

Here's Carcosa, a tune eerily similiar to Shaking Hands

There's an obvious amount of copying if you want to call it that. But Noisia liked it, and promoted it on their radio show. All it is is a re-interpretation, nothing wrong with it in my eyes and obviously in Noisia's eyes too.

Do you produce man? It would make a lot of sense if you didnt.
As a producer when you hear a track that you really love, thats really inspiring, you can have this overwhelming urge to make a tune of your own like it. It's like a trigger. Like a boner. It's this pushing at the back of brain to expand on the sensations of that track by trying to make your own reflection of it.
Some people give in, start work on a fresh tune, and succeed.

No I don't and yes I completely understand that. Still I wouldn't, EVER, release it as my own work, that's my main problem here.
It's clear that Noisia has no problems with that after various incidents. There's no copyright in anything but for me this has to do with respect. besides what kind of aim is that? Wouldn't you rather be known to make some actual original work? This is not really pushing the boundaries.

Back
Top Bottom