Doc Scott to quit dnb next year

DjTiesticles

VIP Junglist
From Twitter:

"I think next year will be my last in dnb. I think I've fallen out of love with it or it has fallen out of love with me, maybe both?"

31 Records will also end. 31R050 to be the last release

First Trace, then Data and now Doc Scott. o_O

What a shit week. I wish them all the best in their future endeavours

true true but doc scott is a legend and 31 is such a sick label this is seriously shite news

true true but doc scott is a legend and 31 is such a sick label this is seriously shite news
Too true. Been a bit of a shit week for news like this

I wouldn't be surprised if Raiden was the next to announce he's quitting the scene given the views he was giving on Data's Facebook page. He sounded really disillusioned with it all

Making way for the new blood?

Must be difficult going to clubs where most people are 15-20 years younger than you

agreed mate it is , ive been in the game for 20 years now myself (obviously not at the same level lol) but im falling out of love with it a little i must admit , im toying with the idea of selling tunes etc and not really being that bothered about gigs and driving home from wherever at 4 in the morning etc, not many nights are total d+b now either with most nights giving options of dubstep and fidget etc you can find your the only d+b dj on at night now. the gulf in years is so obvious too now that when you drop a classic old skool tune like ma2 or set speed etc people dont know what it is and is a big facter at times. I know up and comings will think "fuck how can you fall out of love with playing to crowds and djing" but 20 years is a long long time. As for making way for new blood - nah if your good enough you'll burst through on your own merit you dont need someone to give up there place in the scene for you to come through.

Good luck to Mr Scott your influence and contribution to the scene has been immense.

It is sad news but why is he quitting when he could just take a back seat for a while? Sounds like he wants a divorce from drum & bass or sumthin, go see a drum & bass counsellor Doc, you can get thru this...

I dont get why dnb producers wanna go from being pivotal in one scene to becoming just another name in the techno/house scene

maybe because it aint about reputation. if they're not feeling the music anymore, there's no point forcing themselves to make it.

sad loss yeah, but i'd say the scene has moved on from doc scott now. not totally of course - and dont all you purists gun me down - but it has naturally evolved.

they all just want a bit of attention
oh im gonna quit feel sorry for me etc:teeth:

damn

showdow boxing , drumz 95, unofficial ghost, far away, swarm
31 records
future beats podcasts
legend!

noooo whats gonna happen to future beats?? thats exactly what it is, the future of dnb in podcast form. such a shame

That's no news either. Doc says that every few weeks, seriously. Why don't he just do what he wants? I doubt anyone would blame him for leaving when he just does what HE wants to do. No need to say d&bs lacking all the time... He's a legend, his label is legendary too. It will be a big loss but that's been going on for a year now. (no releases too)

---------- Post added at 14:31 ---------- Previous post was at 14:30 ----------

noooo whats gonna happen to future beats?? thats exactly what it is, the future of dnb in podcast form. such a shame

the series goes until 10 I've seen.

Back
Top Bottom