do you think

bouncie

mc bounce
the MC's should get as much aprechiation for there efforts as the DJ's?

and i know its all about the music but MC's are here for a reason.

discuss.

I myself am a dj and imo i think the mc is always gonna get more apreciation than the dj. This was proven to me just the other night. I did a set at a mates 21st, mixed 2 hours straight before any mcs. My mate got on the mic, just fucking about rly, and everyone loved him for it!
I think of it like a band, the front man being the mc and the 'band' being the dj. The front man is always gonna be the one who is praised, but what the hell was the drummers name again......?

the MC's should get as much aprechiation for there efforts as the DJ's?

and i know its all about the music but MC's are here for a reason.

discuss.

Your right they are "here" for a reason. and thats to hype up the crowd and develop a relationship between the performance and the audience.

No mc's shud not get the same amount of appreciation as DJ's cos its the DJ that plays to the crowd and the MC is the right hand man hu interacts with the crowd. I dnt think MC's are not needed, cos i think they are. But i dnt think the MC should get carried away with why he/she is there, it's not the MC's performance it's the DJ's. but sometimes this gets overlooked by MC's hu believe the crowd are there for them.

Theres nothing worse than not being able to hear the choonage in a club cos the MC is shouting down the mic for 64 bars b4 passing it to his mate hu he broght with hu does the same thing and passes it back and the whole thing begins again.

I think the only time an MC shud be givemn just as much respect as the DJ is when a live PA is being performed. for example UK Apache doing "gimme da gal" live to the dj mixing the instrumental. that in my opinion is the perfect role for an mc other than to hype the crowd.

I spose wot im saying is an MC shud no when to shut up and when to spit some lyrical bars. But unfortunately alot of MC's dont no this, or cos theres always sooo mcany mc's at a night and they all wanna spit at once theres never a break and this makes a big difference to the whole performance.

This is speaking in live terms of cours. On recorded tracks with MCing its obv a partnership and both help each other out. Wheras live the MC is there to help the DJ.

this thread is bollocks! i dnt think djs get half the appreciation mcs get. imo its a joint effort and both should be apraised the same if they both do a good job but mcs get most of it atm imo.

how many threads do we get here saying

"SAFE M8 ANY GOT ANY OF DEM WICKED EKSMAN SETS YE SAFE BRUV"

compared to how many threads people ask for dj's,

the djs are for REAL drum and bass heads.

the mcs are for people who don listen and dont give a shit.

Hate to say it but I see dnb going the way of hip hop. All about the mc and forgetting the beats.

You obviously dont have a clue, the main culprets for liking and bigging up the mc's are scallies/chav's, an they tend to be a minority of the dnb scene so I can honestly never see this happening an if it does like Sc said I'll stop listening

for me theres nothing worse than an mc who just doesnt shut up. A bit of hyping up the crowd here and there is good, but when they spit constantly its just annoying, especially over a drop. Rant over hehe

for me theres nothing worse than an mc who just doesnt shut up. A bit of hyping up the crowd here and there is good, but when they spit constantly its just annoying, especially over a drop. Rant over hehe

For me theres nothing worse that an MC that doesn't shut up, but has absolutely no rhythm or doesnt even intend to have a rhythm.. IC3 comes to mind lol..

don't get me wrong, i'm all for mc's in some respects, i've got nothing against them. they can definatly make a set sound lively. but i genereally find the type of mc's i enjoy are ones that let the music ride, and aren't rhyming over 99% of the track.... sp, gq, dyna, system....

i think it's different if it's a radio set, think mc's should probably go for it and have it, as it gives the people something to pay attention to. so by all means, doin stop chattin.

studio sets.... i think a bit of both is needed. some 32 bar spits, some backing off. let it breath, show us what you go, but don't go over the top.

live, i think it's similar to studio sets, with a bit of added crowd hype, and generally bigging up the dj for what he's doing right there and then.

because with out the dj, it'd just be some bloke on a mic. and that's not a good look.

im a MC, i went to detonate in sheffield last month, the MC was so minimal SP:MC that i got bored. i want the MC's who just proper blaze man, skibba, eks, shabba, det ECT....

i get told in hardcore that i have to let the music breath, DnB is different, rolling basslines gives me the opertunity to let loose, thats why i like it sooo much.

i say its each to there own in drum and bass.

at home i cant listen to DnB without the MC :D the MC makes drum and bass exiting.

ya cant beat a set with 5 MC's all back to back. like new breed.

i think there good to hype the crowd but when its back to back constantly through the whole set it gets a bit too much. I think Mc's are a must at festivals though

don't get me wrong, i'm all for mc's in some respects, i've got nothing against them. they can definatly make a set sound lively. but i genereally find the type of mc's i enjoy are ones that let the music ride, and aren't rhyming over 99% of the track.... sp, gq, dyna, system....

i think it's different if it's a radio set, think mc's should probably go for it and have it, as it gives the people something to pay attention to. so by all means, doin stop chattin.

studio sets.... i think a bit of both is needed. some 32 bar spits, some backing off. let it breath, show us what you go, but don't go over the top.

live, i think it's similar to studio sets, with a bit of added crowd hype, and generally bigging up the dj for what he's doing right there and then.

because with out the dj, it'd just be some bloke on a mic. and that's not a good look.

What Rhys said.

Back
Top Bottom