Do you think Calibre is underrated, gets enough credit?

savoirfaire

VIP Junglist
Quality producer, workhorse, consistent, quality output.

I know mad people recognise his big contribution to the game but as far as his Liquid output is concerned he doesnt seem to get alot of play considering the amount of bangers hes dropped?

He got good reception on that Gardens remix he did though.

in the actual scene he's regarded as one of the bests without doubt so for your question, no he's not underrated.

The thing is he's not like most of the producers...he doesn't send his dubs around like a madman, he keeps most of his stuff to himself, or at least he used to do so. Hence when he played a set on Let It Roll Open Air 2 years ago, almost all of the headlining DJs who weren't playing at that moment came down to watch his set, to be honest I've never seen anything like it before and I doubt I will ever again.

I could listen to and mix his music all day, and lots of others are the same way no doubt. But he does seem really reserved, like he prefers to keep to himself, and he's said before he's more into producing tunes than playing them out in the club scene so that has to do with it I'm sure.

Either way, he's a brilliant musician.

ive got like 3 or 4 different all calibre mixes and i listen to them quite often, pretty much the only all-artist (bar seba maybe) mixes i can listen to

perfect soothing hangover music

imo neither artists have ever compromised their sound for a more 'popular' one.

which is why they are held in such high regard by the minority

calibre, break, examples of real longevity and consistency. kings! I think if your a producer in dnb no matter what style you still look up to those guys. they shape the scene and every year still push stuff thats absolutely top shelf!! I never thought calibre was under rated personally, but i have never understood this whole popularity rating thing that fan boys apply. WUT U DNT LIKE LOADSTAR? BUT THEY R BIG?

Watch his interviews and you can tell he's a musician's musician. And just seems like a really nice dude.

Not even as far as the social media music thing goes, I've always thought Break was similar as far as quality and consistency of output goes as well.

break is a fair shout yes.. but in terms of consistency imo seba is the only one that comes close for me

break is a bit hit & miss from time to time i think, he's still an utter badman tho dont get me wrong

am i the only one that rates seba on the same level of quality as calibre? :)

Back
Top Bottom