DO YOU STILL LIKE JUMP UP

ante_social

i liked jump up and i still do but i just cant play it. its 2 ez 2 mix and its gettin a bit the same. im likin the dark side breaks now i wonna no wot u fink

i went to an outdoors 97 jump up rave this weekend and clowned the entire party. it was great. if it was up to me there wouldnt be any generic tech in the dance. those tunes bore me no end. what i really like is some bloodclart jungle techno

i love jump up, but it is well easy to mix. i haven't mixed for about 3 months and i went round a m8s to have a lil mix, well rusty when i tried to mix jungle and hardcore but mixing dnb i found well easy.

i went to an outdoors 97 jump up rave this weekend and clowned the entire party. it was great. if it was up to me there wouldnt be any generic tech in the dance. those tunes bore me no end. what i really like is some bloodclart jungle techno

Its all I fucking here from Polish djs.

Its like they're scared of being booed if they drop jump up, jungle or liquid funk.

Edit: They probably would be.

Last edited:
if its good its good but, like house music I can now go through 200 tunes in a record shop ( regardless of what stylee) and walk away with 4-20 depending on what sort of a week it is...:sleep:

Last edited:
^^ thats so true. every dnb tune use to be wicked, just like house. now there exsits a LOT of shit.

cant deny though, nothing fucks up the dance like a good jump up tune, people diss it, but its the best at a rave.

jump up with the wobbly bassline and steppa tunes are te best, break it up with some harder renegade shit then drop in another jump up for maximum impact.

meh in here where i live theres lots of people who dislike jump-up, you know when your chatting somewhere drinking beer and dissing jump-up. but then we go to this party and everybody's drunk/stoned people are having fun and SUDDENTLY the hate stops like that.

when im home just chilling i dont listen to jump but hey its a good party with funny people bring it on! :alchy:

hehe actually aphro and mickie finn were one the first jungle tunes i ever heard, got me hooked innit :teeth:

^ that always happens. people diss it and then start beard stroking over tech itchs new tune, then when they go to a party and a twisted tune comes on everyone will brok out and get rowdy, and when tech itchs tune comes on everyone will just stand there (ok, maybe an exageration, but you cant proper have it to a tech itch tune as much as you can to a twsited tune). i like tech itch, but if its too dark and too heavy you just cant dance to it, just stand there and mong.

^^ thats so true. every dnb tune use to be wicked, just like house. now there exsits a LOT of shit.

man, I agree with everything you've written except this. I started buying vinyl in 1997, and trust me, the ratio was exactly what Stan said, bout 200:5 for good tunes, even back then.

But yeah, quality jump-up with some dancefloor action is the name of the game for me. I never thought jungle/d'n'b was meant to be this intelligent form of music that showed what a cool cat you were, its always been about the rush !!

:hype:

96/97 was the hayday of jump up, surely ya gota agree that, in terms of output, there was a hell of a lot more good jump up being released than today. it was a lot more simplistic, with minimal bass, but it still works.

i swear though, that if i was buying tunes back in 93/94 id be skint ALL the time, i seriously dont think there were any bad tunes being released, at the worst, average, and the best, amazing.

I definitely mashed round a lot in those days to some hot tunes., all bout the original wobbly bass n gangsta style

i'm a bit bored of jump up at the moment i have been trapped in jump up wonderland for the past year ,its too easy to mix and theres far too much of it about at the moment
i still love the wobbly bass and a bit of bounce but i made a concious decision to start playing beats that make me want to scream and slap myself roond teh noggin with a wet fish!
its more challenging and alot more satisfieing when the mix goes perfect wtih them crazy hybrid amen mash up things!

There's Jump Up...then theres wobble/bristol IMO
And as far as Twisted, Clipz, Hazzard....etc...
There keeping jump-up fresh....Squelchy but none the less.

:piss:

Not that Im a big wobble fan

:monkey:

96/97 was the hayday of jump up, surely ya gota agree that, in terms of output, there was a hell of a lot more good jump up being released than today. it was a lot more simplistic, with minimal bass, but it still works.

i swear though, that if i was buying tunes back in 93/94 id be skint ALL the time, i seriously dont think there were any bad tunes being released, at the worst, average, and the best, amazing.

can i borrow those rose-coloured glasses you're wearing?

Back
Top Bottom