DO YOU STILL LIKE JUMP UP

I think jumpup is the best it's been in a while, a lot of the people that were going through a real bad spell are coming back round like Full Cycle, True Playaz, Grid etc and even people I've never liked like G Dub are actually putting out some sick tunes.

The production's not as noisy these days and they're bringing a little bit of funk back. Jumpup is easy to mix but who says you have to only mix jumpup, there's room for a good few different styles in the mix.

Jumpup is easy to mix but who says you have to only mix jumpup, there's room for a good few different styles in the mix.

i love FC and good junp up... in a club its all good...it can get a bit boring but as Serum says theres room for everything ...

i never get why people have to narrow themselves down.

for those that know m8. tunes from 93/94 fuckin' smack it, simple as, jump up from the mid 90s, in terms of quality, is far superior than today. no one would argue with that.

you're still wearing some rose-coloured glasses. there's shit tunes from every era. like someone above said, if i picked 200 random tunes from 93/94, i'd be just as likely to get only 20 good ones as if i picked 200 randoms from any other era.

As I've stated so many times before on this board, there's good tracks in every form of dnb, including jump-up.
I like every form of dnb out there, I'm just very selective which tracks I like.
Its all about respecting your own tastes and opinions. Peer pressure is for the weak.

i love FC and good junp up... in a club its all good...it can get a bit boring but as Serum says theres room for everything ...

i never get why people have to narrow themselves down.

One thing I find is that you're better off battering through the tunes quickly with jumpup as the tunes rarely seem to go anywhere once they've dropped

^ does it matter how old i was? i could listen to & mix 1986 acid house and still know more about that music/era than people who ACTUALLY went to the raves. age has fuck all to do with it.

why do you think im looking at the music through 'rose-coloured glasses'? what a dumb & patronising thing to say, i happen to mix music from 93/94 and have spent 3/4 years researching it & id'ing tracks. can the same be said for you? no? then do know anything about the music being produced at that time? no? so how can you say im looking at it thrugh 'rose-coloured glasses'? complete bollocks m8.

93/94, the birth a new genre of music, the birth of two of dnbs biggest record labels (full cycle & back 2 basics) not to mention others (like infrared). trust me, ive been buying records from this era for a long time, and yes ive come across weak ones but are they shit tracks? fuck no, id still gladly play it out and it'd still get a good reaction, that cant be said for a lot of genres of music being produced today.

as i said before, its for those that know.

^ does it matter how old i was? i could listen to & mix 1986 acid house and still know more about that music/era than people who ACTUALLY went to the raves. age has fuck all to do with it.

why do you think im looking at the music through 'rose-coloured glasses'? what a dumb & patronising thing to say, i happen to mix music from 93/94 and have spent 3/4 years researching it & id'ing tracks. can the same be said for you? no? then do know anything about the music being produced at that time? no? so how can you say im looking at it thrugh 'rose-coloured glasses'? complete bollocks m8.

93/94, the birth a new genre of music, the birth of two of dnbs biggest record labels (full cycle & back 2 basics) not to mention others (like infrared). trust me, ive been buying records from this era for a long time, and yes ive come across weak ones but are they shit tracks? fuck no, id still gladly play it out and it'd still get a good reaction, that cant be said for a lot of genres of music being produced today.

i think you're looking @ this music with rose-coloured glasses because you're obviously overlooking all the shit music that come out during this era. congratulations on knowing a hell of a lot about music from 93/94, doesn't mean that it's any better than music of any other era. it just means you've got a hard-on for music from then.

i think you're looking @ this music with rose-coloured glasses because you're obviously overlooking all the shit music that come out during this era. congratulations on knowing a hell of a lot about music from 93/94, doesn't mean that it's any better than music of any other era. it just means you've got a hard-on for music from then.

i dont even know why you bothered replying with that. you dont know anything about the music being produced in 93/94, so how the fuck would you know if there were 'loads of shit being produced'?

list me 15 tunes made in 93, 15 tunes in 94. when moving shadow was at its best, birth of intelligent dnb with good looking, sub base was releasing some classic ragga jungle and production house was making some crazy, chopped up amens. yea i got a 'hard-on' (fuckin' cock) for this sort of music, coz its the fuckin' best sort of music ever made. if you dont know anything about it, then fair enough, but if thats the case you should stop chattin' complete shit.

^

Truesay most of teh so called 94 jungle was made in 93 !!!
Also I was at Acid House dos and only now am I finding out the names of some of my favourite tracks !!! And you know why that is KIDS dontcha heh heh:fuckjoo:
1992/1993 Darkcore man...!!!

N E Way who cares it all opnion...lets not argue...BUT what I did want to say was...Back then Jump up had more underground feel to it...Jump started to have as much in common with Fat Boy Slim as DnB a long time ago, - pure party music. This is not necessarily a bad thing, but I think an underground edge always makes my ears pick up..!!!

Back
Top Bottom