Do you put snares and hats on seperate tracks, or bounce them in to the drum track?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
As above, just started using a drum sequencer called Beatcraft and dont know if it would be better to bounce the drums, hats and snares into one wave file, or keep them seperate?

How do you guys on here do this?

cheers

Re: Do you put snares and hats on seperate tracks, or bounce them in to the drum trac

always seperate

Re: Do you put snares and hats on seperate tracks, or bounce them in to the drum trac

seperate, inless you are making a break

you will probably want to EQ and maybe compress your snare, depending on what kind of dnb your making, so it needs it own bus or channel

I'll usually have my kicks, snares and hats all on seperate channels. EQ them as I see fit, any other FX and shit. Then I'll send them to a drum bus channel where I'll then compress them as a group

what these guys said - depends what you want to do with them.

if i'm being lazy sometimes i would group the hats with the snares
because they are both high frequency - but never kicks with snares.

ok thanks for the replies guys, i just got one more question;

if i was layering a drum kick (or whatever), does each layer need its own track in the daw or can i bounce the layers into one wave file?

cheers

ok thanks for the replies guys, i just got one more question;

if i was layering a drum kick (or whatever), does each layer need its own track in the daw or can i bounce the layers into one wave file?

cheers

it's up to you, but once you bounce it down, you won't be able to change the individual hits, which you may want to when the whole tune starts to take shape

Personally id use seperate channels as itll give you.....
TBH what everyone else has said lol

As said already process them separately, then group them together in a drum bus with light compression.

Back
Top Bottom