Do you need technic 1210's to mix vinyl ?

OHMYDAYS

I've been mixing for 4 years I started mixing jump up on cdj's but as I've started producing and mixing alot more jungle I've been trying to find classics on mp3 and its just not possible , so I want to start buying vinyl only to play in the studio but I dont really know much about vinyl or what is the best turntable to get for me ?

Cheers folks

I think if you buy any high-end Numark, Stanton or Vestax turntables they will run nearly as well as a pair of technics

Ended up spending a small fortune on jungle CDs, well worth it though. So glad I got 'Bonanza kid' & 'screwface' on cd! Classics

Hey? The cd would be wav quality mate if that's what your referring to

You can wrap an audio file in any container you want, wav, aiff, mp3, wma, whatever, if the quality is shit it doesnt matter whatr container its in. All wav means is low compression, so now youve got uncompressed shitty quality tunes as opposed to compressed shitty quality tunes (mp3 for example).

I could rip a youtube video and convert it to AIFF or WAV. It wouldnt magically make it sick quality.

The file extension means fuck all when it comes to determining quality tbh.

Last edited:
You can wrap an audio file in any container you want, wav, aiff, mp3, wma, whatever, if the quality is shit it doesnt matter whatr container its in. All wav means is low compression, so now youve got uncompressed shitty quality tunes as opposed to compressed shitty quality tunes (mp3 for example).

I could rip a youtube video and convert it to AIFF or WAV. It wouldnt magically make it sick quality.

The file extension means fuck all when it comes to determining quality tbh.

I know that mate, what I meant was would the original cd not contain the original high quality master?

actually in logic if you convert a 320 into wav and then into AIFF before burning it will sound better than the original wav due to the enhancement algorithms. thats why people write tunes in logic.

CDs are 16 Bit, 44kHz PCM files about as high quality as your ever going to get at a commercial level. So the only difference between the master and CD is going to be 24 down to 16 bit, and possibly 192 down to 44 sampling rate. The sound effects from a lot of major movies are 16 bit 44kHz so they should be good enough for you.

Back
Top Bottom