Do you need an alias for different genres of DnB/Music?

Ian_x

Just interested in seeing peoples opinions of the advantages and disadvantages of a different producer name for different styles of DnB or different genre of music you produce...

Chase & Status use the same name for all their stuff but then there seems to be a bit of a backlash against them at the moment. Do you think if they used a different name it would be the same? For instance I read in Turtles thread that Noisia use different names for breaks, house and ambient DnB and I have read much hate for them lately...

Yeah I think that if C&S used a different name for their non-dnb songs the backlash would be much less.

Artists using aliases in the same genre like Original Sin... :confused:

Yeah I think that if C&S used a different name for their non-dnb songs the backlash would be much less.

Artists using aliases in the same genre like Original Sin... :confused:

Chase & Status (as with anyone else) can make music under any name they want but the reaction they get will still be the same!

Who gives a fuck what the name of the artist or track is! Its the music that counts!

i think its braver of a producer to say "this is me" what ever type of music they are producing .. but its the market place and now places like forums that make it harder for producers to say fup it im gunna make "whatever" and stick my name on it ... changing your "known" name to something else to me is an easier option with its + and - biznes wise ... just like bootlegs , alot of big names do these to make more pocket money with less to declare (mentioning no names) ... would people change there views on those producers that done that , ... i doubt it , but bootlegs aint judge the same as an exspressive form of music , if a producer wonders off his usual known sound , fans "can" and "do" get very funny ... shame that alot of them change there views from + to - over night in some cases ,.. to me its up to the producer artist themselves ,.. its so hard to make a name doing anything in this life specially music so somedays from what i see n read i so understand why they do name changes ......

goodluck to all that are making money with real names and alases cause at the end of the day its about food on the table and without that your be doing shitty assed jobs like most of us do ... so props to u all . xx

ime new to production, but ive done a lil reserch on getting signed up to a lable and this is what i would say!
it seems that the big ppl at the lable r not really into say ppl who produce more than one style of music, and the reason is that they dont really like multitasking in music becuase the wanna put u in a certain box in a certain section that they think your music will do well in???
unless you are a record lable in which case you do pretty much what the hell you want!!

ime new to production, but ive done a lil reserch on getting signed up to a lable and this is what i would say!
it seems that the big ppl at the lable r not really into say ppl who produce more than one style of music, and the reason is that they dont really like multitasking in music becuase the wanna put u in a certain box in a certain section that they think your music will do well in???
unless you are a record lable in which case you do pretty much what the hell you want!!

I think production is about doing whatever the fuck you wanna do and if people like your music enough to sign it and release it thats just a massive bonus

No, if it's their music then it's their music.

On the flipside, I don't have any beef with them using a different alias for different genres. I just think the notion that it should be mandatory is beyond ridiculous.

I love DnB, but some it's fans can be such major tight asses. Just because they're not snorting the sweat of DnB's armpits off the dancefloor doesn't mean they're selling out or that they're going to stop making geat DnB. Beleive it or not, most producers like/want to produce other genres too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom