Do you listen to anything else apart from dnb?

i love all forms music except the obviously shit ones like justin bieber, r&b, pop...
that said i do mostly listen to dnb, hip hop, an abit of electro.

should definitely open your mind abit more, ive noticed alot of big dnb producers all have one thing in common an thats that they listen to a wide range of music outside dnb.

Soul
90's Jungle
Old School Hip Hop
Old School Hardcore
80's House
Techno
Gabber

I remember reading an article that claimed the problem with many up and coming DnB artists is that they just eat, sleep and breathe DnB and nothing else.

In my opinion the best producers are influenced by a variety of musical genres.

Soul
90's Jungle
Old School Hip Hop
Old School Hardcore
80's House
Techno
Gabber

I remember reading an article that claimed the problem with many up and coming DnB artists is that they just eat, sleep and breathe DnB and nothing else.

In my opinion the best producers are influenced by a variety of musical genres.

definitely man, listen to noisia. listen to their essential mix, these guys have mastered drum n bass an they listen to everything from james brown to classical to cinematic orchestra...

NO!
I don't listen to anything other than drum and bass because I'm that narrow minded!

Best part about this is the OP saying EVERYTHING ELSE BUT DNB is fake. That is exactly what David Nenson Billups (DNB OMG!) thought when he invented Camo & Krooked.

Yeah i like a lot of different music. I love a lot of electronic music, like The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Digitalism, Justice, Dj Shadow, Amon Tobin, Four Tet, Flying lotus, Daft punk, Moderat, Burial and so on, and i do enjoy some house, breaks and dubstep. I like rock too, mostly alternative and indie. I enjoy some hiphop too, and Nas - Illmatic is one of my fav albums!

bit of everything minus pop/country/folk.
fair bit of experimental, hiphop, jazz lately and really old jungle,house,hardcore lately

Jungle, Reggae, Dub, some Ska, sometimes even Indie...

But tbh I don't have the time to listen to most of these on a regs - there's too much dnb to keep up with and after juggling work and life etc etc....it's just all about the bass

I am very open-minded when it comes to music though. Can listen to Classical, Gaelic, even some Hippedy Hoppedy

But when a new meaty dub makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up - that's priceless

i would love to say that i listen to summin other than dnb bt tbh i cant remember the last time i did. I mean i do like a bit of trip-hop. bt tbh if i get control of the stereo then i will always put some drums on. i guess its just an automatic thing nowadays lol.

Ye, i listen to dubstep, hip hop, house(mostly deep house), grime, jazzy downbeat stuff, old skool hardcore piano stuff

mostly dnb and hip hop tho

Everything

There is no way I could listen to dnb 24/7 without getting bored after a week or so. There are times when the last thing I would want to listen is dnb

Can you give me an insight into what classical music your taste buds are aquired to? :razz:

I'm into artists like Bonobo, Zero7, DJ Shadow, Joy Orbison (smacks it!). But its all about variation, jam to a little bit of Limp Bizkit (select tunes, Boiler is a great, take a look around etc).

Method man to Uk hip hop like akala , phi life cypher.

DJ Shadow is pretty awesome, "Midnight in a perfect world" is an amazing tune.

I am a massive dnb fan but tbh any music that falls under the category of deep, dark and dirty is the the one for me. Amon Tobin produces some pretty good stuff although thats not moving too far from dnb really.

there's so much good music out there and a hell of a lot of it isn't dnb
i've got time for most genres
dnb artists get inspiration from a massive span of genres, i would have thought a lot of dnb listeners would have wide musical tastes as well, most of the ones i know do

Everything

There is no way I could listen to dnb 24/7 without getting bored after a week or so. There are times when the last thing I would want to listen is dnb

+1
Depends on the mood entierly.
Sometimes I want melancholic thoughtfull music and put on some Opeth (Progressive Death Metal).
Sometimes I want some ambient chill and pull a Bonobo disc (Trip-Hop).
Sometimes I just want something easy and throw something lightweight (Ska / Rock / Pop).
Sometimes I want to laugh my ass off and flip a J-Pop track. >LOL<

Of course, DnB with it's many styles, covers most of the fields so it's easy to get stuck :P

Back
Top Bottom