Do you like Predator (1987) and heavy bass?

Hey bassfiends,

after about a two month break thanks to our production gear being stolen, we finally back with this track.
Have really tried to step up my sound design and mastering skills, and put more effort, time and embellishments into this than any other track I've made.
Would love to hear from you guys if this is noticable and just generally what you like/dislike about this tune.

super appreciative and grateful for any and all comments and thoughts as always

xo

Last edited:
Intro/atmospheric work is absolutely killer as always guys! The drums are sounding a little squashed away, maybe the bass could do with being dialled in slightly? I can't really pinpoint why, but I imagine a revisit to the EQing on the lower end of your bass/synths might work wonders. I'd say the extra time you've put in to make this one interesting is definitely paying off, how you get these tense vibey buildups baffles me, I love it

amazing, thanks guys! so helpful to have a fresh pair of ears give some insight into what needs improvement!
so do you guys mean all of the drum parts (since I use a few different ones)? or just the main ones when it drops? could be that there's like a frequency clash between the kick and bass?
we'll definitely check it out and redo some eq-ing, in any case thanks alot for the tip! :idea:(y)

Haha I saw Predator for the first time in years last Saturday as it was on TV at night.

To echo what others have said, there's some cool sound design going on here. When the main kicks in, it does sound a bit drowned out by the sub. Some of the sounds in the intro remind me of a really old sample pack I used to have called Lon Benders FX or something which has a lot of mechanical type of material going on in it.

Haha I saw Predator for the first time in years last Saturday as it was on TV at night.

To echo what others have said, there's some cool sound design going on here. When the main kicks in, it does sound a bit drowned out by the sub. Some of the sounds in the intro remind me of a really old sample pack I used to have called Lon Benders FX or something which has a lot of mechanical type of material going on in it.

thanks man, very much appreciate the feedback! have worked on the sub a little bit actually.
also, this song along with three other of my tracks are gonna be released by a tiny label called [ESTÉTICA CIBERNÉTICA] as part of their expansion effort. so they will remaster it a little as well. I'd be happy to post the end result in this thread if you're interested to give it a listen, see if it has improved at all :)
ps: almost all sounds in the intro are taken directly from the original movie! just heavily edited in some cases of course

Back
Top Bottom