Do you have to use a midi keyboard to make sounds in Massive?

mr meh

VIP Junglist
Ok so i just got Komplete 7 and trying to make some sick basslines in Massive, but the only way i can get any sounds out of it is by selecting a preset then playing my midi keyboard because i dont see any 'play' button or anything in Massive?

So is everyone using midi keyboards to make stuff with massive, or is there something im missing here?

(sorry if this question sounds stupid btw, im a production noob)

cheers

Not a t all man... I couldn't play a keyboard to save my life. I make all my basslines in the piano roll of my DAW, and then adjust the notes to taste.

yeah thats kinda what i meant, a midi keyboard or the piano roll

some of these basslines i hear sound like they have been written in a sequencer rather than played in

is there a sequencer in massive?

Hi mate, i think i know what u mean. it sounds like you are using the standalone app of massive. if this is the case then there is no built in sequencer as far as im aware.

if u were to open the massive vst in your DAW such as ableton, cubase, logic etc you will be able to use your DAWS midi sequencer to control massive

Hi mate, i think i know what u mean. it sounds like you are using the standalone app of massive. if this is the case then there is no built in sequencer as far as im aware.

if u were to open the massive vst in your DAW such as ableton, cubase, logic etc you will be able to use your DAWS midi sequencer to control massive

Nice one mate, this makes a bit more sense

not sure why you can open it as a standalone tho if you cant get sounds from it on its own?

i couldnt get that virtual midi keyboard to work. i really wanna use massive on my train joruney on the laptop but sequencing is a pain in the ass and theres no way i can have a midi keyboard on the train lol. did try using my iphone as a midi keyboard but that was also impractical

wish there was a funtion like the one in garage band that lets you use your keyboard as a midi keyboard

i couldnt get that virtual midi keyboard to work. i really wanna use massive on my train joruney on the laptop but sequencing is a pain in the ass and theres no way i can have a midi keyboard on the train lol. did try using my iphone as a midi keyboard but that was also impractical

wish there was a funtion like the one in garage band that lets you use your keyboard as a midi keyboard

it was stated above that you can do so if you use the Massive VST in your DAW.

i know what you meant. In FL Studio, Z through "/" are the white keys and A through (apostrophe) are the black keys.

Granted, in FL, its not as pretty or in depth. Just simple key strokes. and you can play different octaves if you change the root note.

Back
Top Bottom