Do you hand label your promo copies ? ? ?

deadaelus

Laughter in the Slaughter
VIP Junglist
Just a random question...

Do you hand label your promo copies?

I do from time to time, but i usually try to keep it generic. If the record comes with an info sheet or a printed sleeve i will limit the marking to an "A" & "AA". If the tune comes with nothing to ID it by aside from the etching on the inside of the plate, i usually mark both artist and title on the tune (that way it is a bit easier to read in the dark, cause tryin to read the etching is near impossible)

He he, funny question.

I label the best side with an 'X' and write what each tune is on the sleeve. The best side ('X') is the first tune on the sleeve (y)

sdm said:
He he, funny question.

I label the best side with an 'X' and write what each tune is on the sleeve. The best side ('X') is the first tune on the sleeve (y)
yeah....some here. silver sharpie stylie.
and instead of the so mentioned (x) I rock the Dot. ( . )
ohh and I like both sides [rare] she gets no dots:hagglers:

checkmabadself said:
I do a small oil painting of what the tune represents to me, so's I can tell what the tune is the instance I see it :teeth:

(y) I translate the catalogue# into haiku and run it through 128 bit encryption system before engraving it on with a wood burner.

actually
I just write on the label in coloured marker, on the best side. no one can mistake my handwriting

Fes said:
yeah....some here. silver sharpie stylie.
and instead of the so mentioned (x) I rock the Dot. ( . )
ohh and I like both sides [rare] she gets no dots:hagglers:
One side is always slightly better so there's always an 'X' :teeth:

I hold a marker on it while its palying and slowly run it inwards (makes a cool trippy spiral type effect)
Then i label the sleeve (as above 1st tune is the spiral side)
God this is a boring thread :teeth:

Dj_Fozzybear said:
I hold a marker on it while its palying and slowly run it inwards (makes a cool trippy spiral type effect)
Then i label the sleeve (as above 1st tune is the spiral side)
God this is a boring thread :teeth:
Been there done that ha ha! :teeth:

i usually hold a gun to andy c's head while he is carefully using my lumocolor pen to write the artist name, track title and catalogue number on the plate...

standard :teeth:

i just scribble the title in funky downerish hand-writing that is only made readable by mine eyes. Its the way forward kids

oooh...ever started a thread you regreted???

lol!

i've done the spiral thing as well......we've all been there!

haha!

in light of stans recent inquery regarding this thread, can i just ask real quick what its about? if you put the sticker on the vinyl yourself after you pressed them? did i get it right?

i label em all now cause when i look through promos from years ago i have no idea what the hell they are

sdm said:
One side is always slightly better so there's always an 'X' :teeth:

One might call your continued efforts the X Project then.

:teeth:

I'm pretty complete when I label my promos (and I have a lot left to do still) - I go on RDB, find out the exact info for them if I don't know it already, write the full artist - track name along the top, cat number along the bottom, and the side (A, AA, B, etc) to the right hand side of the central spindle hole.

That way, I know exactly what any of my vinyls are without having to get them out the sleeves, and it saves me time in the long run. Plus, as I do it I stick them into my MyRDB collection, so I know what I have (at least what I have that I've catalogued thus far) - that'll come in useful for insurance purposes if I ever needed/wanted to insure them, I can just print off the list instead of having to catalogue every single one of them again.

My catalogued collection so far: http://www.rolldabeats.com/collection/237/ (and that doesn't include nearly all of the oldskool, breakbeat and about 75-100 of the older 'new' stuff I have... To go through all of my stuff takes proper effort and I have very little ;)

As much info as possible on the labels is the way forward, though. Nerdstyle it proppa.

Back
Top Bottom