Do you ever forget which record you played????

alphaF

I'm a bedroom DJ and the other night I recorded a mix i was doing. I'm listening to the playback and I played a tune that i have no fucking idea what it is. I do smoke weed heavily during my sessions and in my stoned stupor I had forgotten what record I played. Now im trying to tune id one of my own records, which i tried doing for about 30 mins last night and couldnt find which record it was. Just wondering if this happens to anybody else?

I never play stoned or drunk, I once played drunk and it sucked hard time, so. Anyways saw my mate draw 3 times for a same tune in an hour set while he was drunk, so I guess it's pretty much standard for some shit like this to happen :D

Yup, but I don't smoke weed anymore. I forget the mixes I like too which kinda sucks. Might start recording everything...

honestly no
i know all my vinyls inside and out, i know where they all are kept and i probably know all of the cat numbers too.
rather ocd of me but hey. if your gonna spend £6+ on a record, it may as well be on something memorable.

upload a clip of said tune and some bright spark will prob be able to identify for u

honestly no
i know all my vinyls inside and out, i know where they all are kept and i probably know all of the cat numbers too.
rather ocd of me but hey. if your gonna spend £6+ on a record, it may as well be on something memorable.

i know MOST of my records inside and out.. but there are some stragglers. and there are times where you thought a B side (or A side, whichever) wasnt that good but when you go back 6 months later you discover that the B side is also good / if not better than the A side you've been playing. i thought this was the case last night so i dug through and pulled out the record i played 2 tracks before and it wasnt the b side. hahah!

yeah

i play on CD's but i tend to write down tight mixes/double drops that i find etc. so i can later build them into a setlist.

plus i have what's on each CD taped to my wall above the decks so it saves searching through my discs for THAT tune.

I am terrible for this - I buy so many rekkids and just don't mix at home so find it hard to remember tunes, I even bought a second copy of Heavy1 & June Miller "Judge" as I thought I didn't own it lol

lucky the guys I DJ with are trainspotters, so I am like 'what's this tune???' and they tell me, and I normally reply 'oh yeah I have this on vinyl' haha

Back
Top Bottom