Do you ever forget which record you played????

Discussion in 'Drum & Bass' started by alphaF, Oct 25, 2012.

1. alphaF

alphaF Member

I'm a bedroom DJ and the other night I recorded a mix i was doing. I'm listening to the playback and I played a tune that i have no fucking idea what it is. I do smoke weed heavily during my sessions and in my stoned stupor I had forgotten what record I played. Now im trying to tune id one of my own records, which i tried doing for about 30 mins last night and couldnt find which record it was. Just wondering if this happens to anybody else?

2. Fallen.GeMiNi

Fallen.GeMiNi 3rd rate banger merchant

I never play stoned or drunk, I once played drunk and it sucked hard time, so. Anyways saw my mate draw 3 times for a same tune in an hour set while he was drunk, so I guess it's pretty much standard for some shit like this to happen :D

bn14 likes this.
  3. rj_dnb

rj_dnb Well-Known Member

Yup, but I don't smoke weed anymore. I forget the mixes I like too which kinda sucks. Might start recording everything...

4. Teddy

Teddy 60% Staff Member

honestly no
    i know all my vinyls inside and out, i know where they all are kept and i probably know all of the cat numbers too.
    rather ocd of me but hey. if your gonna spend £6+ on a record, it may as well be on something memorable.

upload a clip of said tune and some bright spark will prob be able to identify for u

5. alphaF

alphaF Member

i record everything and try to learn from them on playback... and obviously pick up on records that go good together.

6. alphaF

alphaF Member

i know MOST of my records inside and out.. but there are some stragglers. and there are times where you thought a B side (or A side, whichever) wasnt that good but when you go back 6 months later you discover that the B side is also good / if not better than the A side you've been playing. i thought this was the case last night so i dug through and pulled out the record i played 2 tracks before and it wasnt the b side. hahah!

7. evermind

evermind Broken Symmetry

yeah

8. rysk

rysk Part-time waster

i play on CD's but i tend to write down tight mixes/double drops that i find etc. so i can later build them into a setlist.

plus i have what's on each CD taped to my wall above the decks so it saves searching through my discs for THAT tune.

9. rythmatix

rythmatix Well-Known Member

I am terrible for this - I buy so many rekkids and just don't mix at home so find it hard to remember tunes, I even bought a second copy of Heavy1 & June Miller "Judge" as I thought I didn't own it lol

lucky the guys I DJ with are trainspotters, so I am like 'what's this tune???' and they tell me, and I normally reply 'oh yeah I have this on vinyl' haha

10. djflicky

djflicky Well-Known Member

Always listening to old mixes I've done and forgetting certain tunes! Standard :/