Do Rude Mobile Phone Users Deserve ASBOs?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by BeyondTherapy, May 12, 2008.

1. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

Do Rude Mobile Phone Users Deserve ASBOs?

[​IMG]

We all laugh at Dom Joly roaring into his giant mobile phone but as most people will tell you, ignorant mobile phones are right up there with cockroaches and rats on the ‘Things I Hate Most’ list.

A new survey of 2,000 UK adults has revealed just how hated rude mobile phone users are. More than half of respondents said that ignorant phone users should be punished, while 1-in-10 went further by claiming they should be slapped with ASBOs.

My own solution of hanging them naked from lamp-posts by their toes and offering passers-by the chance to spank them with table tennis bats for charity and sticking the video on YouTube was not, sadly, among the key solutions offered.

Most people felt they should have a 12-month ban on using their phones in public which, to be frank, is unenforceable. Unsurprisingly, men wanted harsher punishments than women. Most respondents were also against mobile phone use being allowed on planes, which is coming sooner than you think.

The Top 5 irritating mobile phone abuses are:
    1. Talking loudly on the phone
    2. Texting while talking to you
    3. Playing loud music on their phones
    4. Using their phone in restaurants
    5. Swearing on the phone in public

Rob Barnes, head of broadband and mobiles at moneysupermarket.com, commented:

"Some people blissfully ignore basic mobile etiquette when it comes to using phones in public places, shouting and swearing regardless of where they are. We’ve become addicted to being constantly connected and I think one of the worst things someone can do is incessantly check their phone whilst talking to you. Although I do think handing out mobile ASBOs may be a bit severe."

Right, back to my plan for lamp posts, charity spanking and YouTube video disgrace – all suggestions on how we can make this a law appreciated.-Martin Lynch

2. Blurr

Blurr Wasted Selection

ASBOs are a waste of time, wot ever happened to good old fashioned community service?

3. BeyondTherapy

BeyondTherapy Well-Known Member

thats why ASBO's are better cause half the people doing community servive didnt used to turn up or did then did fup all [loser blaggers] which wasnt a criminal offence ,... now with this system in place , we can get the assholes of this world ...

its not im anti mobile phones , just our society 15 yrs ago didnt need them and now there the most important thing in alot of peoples lives,there always got there hand on there ear , people consider a phone call nowerdays more inportant than parking on double yellow lines,the footway
    etc etc just to answer it , have you been on a train of late ... you ask me to turn my fupping music down but its ok for you to bleep bleep and yell into a phone ........

rubbish ... break the things i say

4. duffer

duffer Under Mi SensI...........

I hate people who chat on there mobiel on the bus. Fuck sake your in public so dont have your private conversations on the fucking bus. I dont have the problem now as i can drive but when i used to commute everyday there used to be some fat bitch who used to do it everyday. She would go on and on "Our shane been moved to a different jail innit" yeah....."Joke innit messin him about" no......"down fuckin weymouth innit" "how they expect me to get down there" I dont give a fucking shit just chat about it when your not on the fucking bus you fat waste of space!:gun:

5. moriaty

moriaty Active Member

bollox. asbo's mean nothing. the guy that got kicked to death in Warrington, was killed by a scally who had just be released from the police station with an asbo which disallowed him to be anywhere close to warrington and also to be away from the pther scumbags that he was with when they killed that guy.

and this is just a petty example. Asbo's is just another way fro the police to spend less time tackling low lifes. When someone is obviously dangerous to his community and needs rehabilitation, what is easier and more cost effective ? put him in jail, or let him go with an anti social order, which will mean fuck all to him, and more than likely means that he'll think that he got away with whatever he did, and he'll do it again.

Its like the parent that tell his kids dont do it again when theyre naughy. it means fuck all to the kids, and if it happens a few times, they understand that thats the only repercussion.

If Mark Chopper Read had anything to say to the british authorities, it would be"Toughen the fuck up!".

dont wanna sound like a patronising fascist, but if you can see a fire brewing, then fucking deal with it, dont wait till it burns someone..