Do I need new needles?

emy

VIP Junglist
Just been mixing and the sound on one side has gone a bit fuzzy/more bass/sort of wobbly. I swapped the needles around and by the power of deduction I think I need new needles as now the other side sounds like this, so I don't think it is my speakers fault

I guess it is time to buy needles anyway as I have had the same ones on as when I bought my set up!

Is it best to get a particular type of needle? My current ones say Numark HS1 on the top.

Check your connections from the cdart to the headshell, one may be loose or dirty or whatever. If that dont do the trick just get some new ones. I wouldnt clean them with bleach though!

K I was seriously just kidding about the Bleach thing.
Heroin Junkies use bleach to clean needles for intravenous drug use.

Get a new Stylus is the real answer.

If you get new ones go for Ortofon. They are the dogs danglies.

And don't do ortofons, i have heard they have slightly bigger connector pins and can sometime push the connectors inside the tone arm. Which is not really a problem if you intend to use ortofons permanently.

Go with Shure "white labels" or "m44-7's"

And don't do ortofons, i have heard they have slightly bigger connector pins and can sometime push the connectors inside the tone arm. Which is not really a problem if you intend to use ortofons permanently.

Not if you go with the om's as they will be mounted on the eadshells that come with the decks.

Thats just bullshit anyways, whoever said that must of just had a bad experience because i know a ton of people who have used then changed and never seen a problem.

This could happen with any type of needle tbh, just depnds on the build quality at that time. Ortofon aint £100++ and then damage your decks, bit farfetch imo

This is true, I played a club in London where the connectors had been pushed back by the old Ortofons they had fitted and my Whitelabels wouldn't connect properly to the left channel on one deck :cry: Luckily my friend had his Electro's with him!

Back
Top Bottom