do a lot of churches get defaced?

Discussion in 'Waffle' started by logikz, Jan 31, 2012.

1. logikz

logikz I Am Not The King Staff Member

what are the stats on that. it seems so easy yet most decide not to in the end and all for pretty much the same reason im sure. do you act differently when on hallowed ground? i refrain from cursing for some reason (you curse with religious words in the nordic languages, like satan and devil and so forth). norway seems to have calmed down since the 90s, if you recall they were very active. did your local church get defaced or tombstones knocked over? they have a terrible legal word for knocking over tombstones in swedish, its called grave desecration. could be thats the term in english too come to think of it.

2. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Well... I work for The Salvation Army. In their insurance company... called SAGIC. We insure all of The Salvation Armys properties etc. And yeh... churches get fucked up all the time... most common is people stealing stuff... ie.... lead from the roofs... or metal from the gravestones etc. Sometimes get the odd thefts of statues etc.

3. Ozmatic

Ozmatic Chair of the Nitty Gritty Committee

Do a lot of de faces get churched?

4. Freek

Freek Lets get freeeeeeky

thats seriously fucked up man, gotta be some next level scum to rob from peoples graves

5. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

yeah man, church robbery is pretty big in germany. Doors are open, sometimes worthy stuff in there. Knocking over and spraying swastikas and other pathetic shit on tombstones is popular on jewish graveyards.

on the other hand, there is this church in my italian home village where there is lotsa gold..nobody ever robbed that. doors are open wide but people are less pathetic even tho they have no money at all.

6. logikz

so it does happen a lot then? funnily enough i thought it didnt. i was gonna do it when i was 15 because the church burnings in norway were all the rage but decided against it and since then i kind of figured it was genrally agreed we dont fuck with churches. apparently not, youd have to be an utter greek to do something like that. but that could be my upbringing speaking, we are very much a product of our enviroment. nature and nurture as they say.

7. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

We look after a lot of churches. Not just Salvation Army ones... and we get 2 or 3 calls a day regarding something to do with theft or vandalism in churches or church grounds. I didnt realise just how bad it was untill i started working here.

8. logikz

what about mosques. they probably fuck with mosques constantly.

9. DeeGun

DeeGun Church of Krust

They donĀ“t have devotional objects that can be sold for money and also a mosque is very well frequented throughout the day, so you can hardly steal anything + a mosque is not too obvious. Except the large ones with towers they often look like a standard whatever building.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  10. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Yeh mosques are generally quite busy all day... its like 5 worships a day or something?? They could just steal all the matts!?

11. Harry3

Harry3 Chuki

i stole 50p from the church down my road once when I was like 7... true story

12. logikz

but thats not why youre going to hell harry, is it. you know why harry. dont you harry.

13. ONSLAUGHT88

ONSLAUGHT88 I sees ya I do I sees ya

Or everyones shoes!

14. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Well, back when I was an undertaker nobody would ever dare cause any shit around my 'tary [that's what we called them], 'nasayin'? Not even the neo nazis or the suburbian satanists, you just don't mess around with the fucking undertaker man lest you want your short life to end in a shallow grave.

I should move to America and become a professional wrestler..

15. logikz

i can see why, there is something ominous about the undertaker. hes always portrayed as dark and brooding. strange for someone spending that much time on the church grounds, he should be well holy after all that. rubs off like most things im sure. im also sure american wrestling is an ideal career for you, but not the pro leauges, go backyard wrestling. like that one bit when two brothers fight to the death with bricks wrapped in barb wire and the loser gets burnt to death locked in a box. with their mother as the referee. you could buy that on dvd from a store that closed long time ago. great store. its a flipping novelty item store now. for shame.

16. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

I don't know.. Though some of the dirt naps [we like to joke] I caught when the overseers weren't around truely did feel quite divine.

Anyone catch that Louis Poirot episode where he visits the pro wrestlers and makes the mistake of implying there might be a bit of story telling and make believe in wrestling and they just go nuts? And then he meets up with this underground dude who's really mean and listens to mean music before fights to get psyched up? Shit was so cash.

17. logikz

hes dead btw. lots of people bigging him up cos he was from a certain area in new york where a lot of the biggest rappers come from. or, it could be, i totally made that up.

18. ApeCat

ApeCat Human Dubplate

Good night sweet prince.

[​IMG]

Louis Poirot 1970 - 2012

You'll live on forever in our hearts ;_;​

19. logikz

whos the whatnow? and where the hell is mickey rourkes twitter gone?? anyone got a link please share.

20. RocksteadyUK

RocksteadyUK SkimoBeats

Its Louis Theroux... not Poirot... Louis Poirot was a painter in the 18th century or something