dnbforum - Your ideas

sdm

This is Dog Fort
VIP Junglist
What would YOU do to improve dnbforum?

After doing this software upgrade, there have beem countless negative comments this forum.

dnbforum is now running on the best forum software, so I can start to work on other features of the forum.

Please post your ideas in this thread only :)

Lastly, the audio and image database will be making a comeback within the next few days, so no need to request them.

Originally posted by stuuu
What would YOU do to improve dnbforum?

After doing this software upgrade, there have beem countless negative comments this forum.

dnbforum is now running on the best forum software, so I can start to work on other features of the forum.

Please post your ideas in this thread only :)

Lastly, the audio and image database will be making a comeback within the next few days, so no need to request them.

What was wrong with the last edition of the forum?. It looked slick with the flags and all the wicked options that were available for use.

This one is ok (basic) but to me it just seems like a step down from something that really DID have potential and looked like no other board that I had previously seen.

So why the change?.

Definately bring the shoutbox back, but more importantly - I want my Dub Points back!!! I had fucking loads of em and I dont even know wot I did to earn them!!! Bring em on!!!

Nah Stuuu, I aint got anything negative to say about the new forum - I reckon it looks nice, although a little basic, but if as you say, you are working on it then it all good!!! I like the idea of having different styles too!

Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

Originally posted by Caution

What was wrong with the last edition of the forum?. It looked slick with the flags and all the wicked options that were available for use.

This one is ok (basic) but to me it just seems like a step down from something that really DID have potential and looked like no other board that I had previously seen.

So why the change?.

The previous forum software was quite buggy, and had a lot of security holes. It took a lot of work to get it where it was.

Even the old forum software took time to get to its final stage. We are back in the same scenario, it will take time for me to bring this software up to a different level from your DOA's and DnB Arena's, but believe me, I am working on improving it :)

Id just prefer it if people didnt start complaining on the first day of the changes. I would rather you take your negative views and turn them into a positive by telling me what you would like to see on the all new dnbforum.

I just need some time!! :D

Re: Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

Id just prefer it if people didnt start complaining on the first day of the changes. I just need some time!! :D

No complaining here :afro:

I'm sure it won't take ya long to get the forum back to where it was.

Re: Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

Id just prefer it if people didnt start complaining on the first day of the changes. I would rather you take your negative views and turn them into a positive by telling me what you would like to see on the all new dnbforum.

I wasn't moaning, I just wanted to know why things had changed.

I didn't know why things had changed as no one had previously told me why, I do know now why things have changed as someone has now told me.

End of story.

:thumbsup:

Is it not positive to say what a user of dnb forum doesn't want as well as what they do want then?. That doesn't sound very constructive to me..........

Re: Re: Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

I wasn't moaning, I just wanted to know why things had changed.

I didn't know why things had changed as no one had previously told me why, I do know now why things have changed as someone has now told me.

End of story.

:thumbsup:

Is it not positive to say what a user of dnb forum doesn't want as well as what they do want then?. That doesn't sound very constructive to me..........

It seems there is no pleasing you Mr Caution, if its not the smilies, its saying that the old forum is better than the new one!

On the first day of the new forum you start telling me what we are missing from the old forum, I am well aware what is missing. I am sorry that I dont have the time to have everything ready on first day! Gimme a break man. I put my own time and money into this forum, I get no money back from it at the moment. This is the second day (of many more!) I have spent working on the new site, these things take time, that is all I ask of you. Surley you can allow me that?

I agree with you, users should be allowed to say what they dont want on the site, but you telling me that the old forum is better on the first day of it being up isnt really positive in my books.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

It seems there is no pleasing you Mr Caution, if its not the smilies, its saying that the old forum is better than the new one!

On the first day of the new forum you start telling me what we are missing from the old forum, I am well aware what is missing. I am sorry that I dont have the time to have everything ready on first day! Gimme a break man. I put my own time and money into this forum, I get no money back from it at the moment. This is the second day (of many more!) I have spent working on this site, these things take time, that is all I ask of you. Surley you can allow me that?

I agree with you, users should be allowed to say what they dont want on the site, but you telling me that the old forum is better on the first day of it being up isnt really positive in my books.

It's all minor detail though stuuu. Obviously its not too much of an issue for me as i've been on here posting all day so don't worry about it mate. I bet that post wise this has been the biggest day for dnb forum that there has ever been.

I don't mind what you do with this site which you should be able to tell by now as I was one of the first three people (including yourself) to ever sign up here and I have continued posting thoughout the good times and the slow times. I will continue posting as long as I have a computer in front of me. You ask for feedback and it's been given (although some of it unaware of whats been going on behind the scenes which I have indicated in following posts). I will stay tight lipped when it comes to giving feedback in the future as I can not be bothered to fall out again.

Safe.

big up stuu,

no problems with this forum at all

u must want it to get off if you spend time and money to get it working,

let people set up there own forum then they might have more respect for ya

could someone explain these dub points please i dont get it

i cant think of anything to improve it really but give me time

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: dnbforum - Your ideas

It's all minor detail though stuuu. Obviously its not too much of an issue for me as i've been on here posting all day so don't worry about it mate. I bet that post wise this has been the biggest day for dnb forum that there has ever been.

I don't mind what you do with this site which you should be able to tell by now as I was one of the first three people (including yourself) to ever sign up here and I have continued posting thoughout the good times and the slow times. I will continue posting as long as I have a computer in front of me. You ask for feedback and it's been given (although some of it unaware of whats been going on behind the scenes which I have indicated in following posts). I will stay tight lipped when it comes to giving feedback in the future as I can not be bothered to fall out again.

Safe.

Do what you like man :)

I know you have been here since the beginning, and I respect that. Ask anyone I have spoken to, I always big you up as one of the true dnbforum heads.

I just cant see why people need to say anything negative on the first day of the new forum. I have had no time to adapt the new forum, there arnt enough hours in the day :(

Things will greatly improve, I just need time, I am a one man band :D

Originally posted by tenbellys
big up stuu,

no problems with this forum at all

u must want it to get off if you spend time and money to get it working,

let people set up there own forum then they might have more respect for ya

could someone explain these dub points please i dont get it

i cant think of anything to improve it really but give me time

Cheers tenbellys.

Dub points were a dnbforum currency, you got two for a post, and one for a reply. You would build up your dub points to buy things through the forum. They will prolly make a come back some day :)

Bigups :)

Originally posted by tenbellys
cool, :D

but what do you get out of it or is it just an idea to get people to post on the forum

As I just said, you build up your dub points to buy things from the forum. I dont really want to reveal what these things are because I know how quickly ideas can be stolen :(

That is really why I never explained dub points fully.

And yes, by earning dub points, people will use the forum more.

It works both ways :)

just thought of somin

in the avatars section, any chance of gettin some ones other than our owns coz i saw some on doa like the proffesor frink out of the simpsons on it,

cheers
thumb.gif

Stuuu can you put a limit on the size of / amount of sigs people can have??? 1992's is getting to be almost as big as Belgium!!!

Originally posted by Mulla
Stuuu can you put a limit on the size of / amount of sigs people can have??? 1992's is getting to be almost as big as Belgium!!!

You can only set the amount of images per post/signature. If I set this to 1, you will only be able to use one smiley per post!! :(

You cant set the size because it cant determine the size of each image in each signature.

I could turn off vB IMG code in signatures, but then others would lose out :-/

Back
Top Bottom