Dnbforum Tracks of 2011 Competition

t345e

VIP Junglist
Ez everyone,

So I had a little idea, I don't know if anyone would be game for it but here goes:

As we all know, 2011 has been an wicked year for dnb and I, along with quite a lot of you I'm sure, was thinking of doing a mix which incorporates the best tunes of 2011. With the sheer amount of quality djs and mixes on the forum I thought of having a little inter-house comp for a bit of fun and see who can come up with the best mix. Due to varying tastes and what not it will be quite cool to see what everyone comes up with.

So before it gets underway I wanna know if firstly anyone would be up for it?

Here are some preliminary rules to get the ball rolling.

Your mix must be 1hr long
Your mix must only include tracks that have been released this year (2011)
Entries must be in by 31st of December (extended to Sunday 8th Jan)

That gives everyone about 3 weeks til the end of Jan to listen to everyone else's and reach a verdict before the beginning of February.

I was thinking in terms of a voting system, only people that enter the comp can vote (up for discussion), you can choose your two favourite mixes but obviously not you own. Your first place gets 2 points and second 1 point. The person who has the most points wins and is crowned dnbforum champion.

Points go to the mix that you feel that best represents 2011 drum and bass.

Who's in?

Current Contenders

t345e
Mish Mash
wingz
Fallen.GeMiNi
JHSE23
JWood27
Ozmatic
SHADOW
Freek
SirReal
charlie131
EvezDroppin
DJKro

Last edited:
Considering ive taken about a month to do my 20 min mix for the mix competition this seems out of bounds for the minute :P

Yes wingz good to have you on board.

Definitely count me in!

Wicked man thought you'd be on it

Considering ive taken about a month to do my 20 min mix for the mix competition this seems out of bounds for the minute :P

Nah man fuck it get involved, its only a bit of fun!!

What I'll do everyone is put all the people that are up for it on a little list on the first post so everyone knows who's game. Safe for the response, let the battle commence...

Yeah possibly... Only an hour tho? Will have narrow down the selection, been too many instabags this year!

Yeah possibly... Only an hour tho? Will have narrow down the selection, been too many instabags this year!

Yeh I agree man, the problem is if it was 1hr an a half or 2 hrs per mix and say we manage to get 10 us doin it then its gna be 2013 by the time everyone has managed to listen through everyone elses and passed judgement... I dno maybe an hours too small, could be a good thing though, gotta pick your tracks carefully. We'll see the general consensus and go by that.
So you in then?

Was going to partake in this but will have to bow out as I know quite honestly that I won't have any time.

Will certainly give my feedback appropriately though! Big ups gents!

Would anyone be with the idea of not giving a tracklist at first? might be just me but i reckon its nicer listening to a mix and not know what tunes are coming in next. perhaps just a brief vibe of the mix. i dunno

Back
Top Bottom